Weekly charts, daily charts...

BigChazza

I hear a lot of talk of weekly/daily/hourly charts etc. Question: is it talking about the bar/candle interval? Or the scope of the chart? E.g. is a daily chart:
  1. one that just shows you one trading day (and the interval might be anything - e.g. hour, 5min, min etc)?
  2. one that is an the interval of "1 day" (and shows an unspecified scope)?

I hear a lot of talk of weekly/daily/hourly charts etc. Question: is it talking about the bar/candle interval? Or the scope of the chart? E.g. is a daily chart:
  1. one that just shows you one trading day (and the interval might be anything - e.g. hour, 5min, min etc)?
bar interval
The open for that day, week, etc
the close for that day, week, etc

Well, you need both.

It's no good looking at 5 minute chart action without being aware of the longer term trends at greater intervals.

Failing to do so is a good way to lose all your money very quickly indeed.

:)

The weekly gives you one set of points to use over the week while the daily chart provides a handful of points for the same timeframe. That handful of points have more influence than the single set.