Watch out for this Scam!! Warning

Zenda

Sticking my neck out here Watch out for this Russian Scam - very professional website - they are now mailshotting traders - BEWARE - this is an email I received

"Hello, Adriel!

*** WHO WE ARE? ***

TransferGate was founded in 2001 by an international group of experts in the sphere of finance and marketing to solve currency exchange problem. Our cooperation with large Internet companies includes rendering their clients convenient payment services.

*** WHAT DO WE SUGGEST? ***

We suggest simple, and at the same time perspective and well paid work! As TransferGate develops very rapidly, we permanently need new people to occupy the position of Processing Manager, able to receive and send payments. This part-time job does not require any special skills. You do not have to spend much time to earn sufficient money to be added to your main salary.

*** JOB DESCRIPTION ***

The task of the Processing Manager is to process payments between our partners' clients and our company. Every payment will be accompanied by detailed instruction. The brief training course is enclosed.

*** CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS ***

- Honesty, responsibility and promptness in operations;
- PC with Internet and e-mail access;
- We don't work with persons under 21;
- One or several bank accounts.

*** HOW MUCH WILL YOU EARN? ***

You will earn 5-7% from each processing you make! For instance: you receive a 5000 EUR wire transfer to your bank account. You withdraw the money and keep 250 EUR (5%) for yourself. The rest of the money you should transfer to our company authorized agent. As you see, all operations are very easy.

*** HOW TO APPLY? ***

Please, visit our website and fill in the candidate questionnaire. After posting your resume, our Employment Department will review it and reply within 24 hours.

*** VISIT OUR WEBSITE ***

http://www.transfergate.com/

Please, visit our corporate website to get more information about our company and the job offered. If you have any questions, feel free to get in contact with me using contact methods, described on the Contact Us page.

Thank you for attention.

Have a nice day.

Kind regards,
Hannah WHALEN
http://www.transfergate.com/2
:devilish: :eek: :eek: :devilish: :devilish:

This looks like money laundering to me. A warning is certainly deserved.

"founded in 2001 by an international group of experts in the sphere of finance and marketing to solve currency exchange problem" - what currency exchange problem? Also why would finanial experts pay a 5% comission to transfer money when nobody charges even close to that level? Also, if it's that easy, why can't they do it themselves?

Hi all, yes this type of scam is fast becoming commonplace albeit in differeny guises for different markets.
Basically your first payment received is likely to be quite large thereby attracting a carrot sized commision say about £10000. so off goes your £9500. (of course youv'e already checked the banks got the £10k)
Too late you'll never have seen a cheque cashed so quick, ann...nnd when you next check your b ank account you'll find a nice £9.5k hole in it cos, they cancelled the cheque. There's a scam almost identical currently doing the UK second hand car market......

Another one email and web adresses removed

FROM THE DESK OF BARRISTER ALEXO DESMOND.
DESMOND AND ASSOCIATES CHAMBERS
SOLICITOR AND ADVOCATE,
LAGOS-NIGERIA.

INFORMATION

I am Barrister Alexo Desmond, a legal practitioner, I am the personal attorney to Mr Thomas Routwells, a nationale of your country, who used to work with Chevron Nigeria limited,here in Nigeria. On the 27th of January 2002, my client,his wife and their three children were involved in Ikeja bomb blast here in my country. My client and his family unfortunately lost there lives.
Since then I have made several enquiries to your embassy to locate any of my clients extended relatives,this has also proved unsuccessful.
After these several unsuccessful attempts, I decided and do some research in the internet, to locate any member of his family. That is why I contacted you,and the reason why i contacted you is to assist me in repatriating the money and property left behind by my client before they get confiscated or declared unserviceable by the bank where these huge deposits were lodged.Particularly, the Acess Bank of Nigeria Plc, Lagos Branch where my client deposited US$16.4million dollars.
The Bank has issued me a notice to provide the next of kin or have the Account confiscated within the next ten official working days. Since I have been unsuccessful in locating the relatives for over 2 Years now I seek your consent to present you as the next of kin of the deceased, so that the proceeds of this account valued at US$16.4million dollars can be transferred to your account there in your country, then you and me can share the money. I have all necessary legal documents that back up the claim we may make. All I require is your honest co- operation to enable us see this deal through. I guarantee that this will be executed under legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law. Please indicate your readiness to assist me,so that all the informations about this funds will be passed to you immediately.You should send to me your full names and your private telephone numbers for easy communications.And also assure me of your trust and remember that the trust in business is confidentiality.
So let it be only between me and you.If you give me your full coperation and this transaction is properly executed,I am prepared to give you 40% of the total sum for your kind assistance.50% will be for me and 10% percent will be for any expences we may incure along in this transaction.Please get in touch with me by my private email below to enable us discuss further.
Thank you very much for your understanding.
Best Regards,
Barrister Alexo Desmond(Esq)
PLEASE VIEW THESE WEBSITES AND ACKNOWLEGE THE RECEIPT OF THIS LETTER USING THE BELOW EMAIL ADDRESS
EMAIL:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/2718295.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/2698081.stm :eek: