want to trade international, who should I go with?

happyhero

Hi I would like to start trading in International shares. I have a Marketmaster account with Barclays and a Sipp with Hargreaves Lansdowne so I feel comfortable with those 2 companies if one of those is any good for trading Internationally, but can anyone give me a couple of tips or companies I should use for International trading please?

I am not so bothered about a couple of pounds in trading charges, I am more interested in going with a good company that has a good system, covers a lot of the markets and someone who does not rip you off on every trade, with exchange rates or however they would on International Trading.

I am no master trader and trade about 10 times a month, so it would probably be even less with International shares I suspect.

Any advice appreciated.

cant anybody help me out please?
What asset classes do you trade and what do you want to achieve. I automatically assumed that you were after some international grank so apologies for last answer, (if that is indeed the case).

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::LOL::LOL::LOL::whistle:whistling:whistle:whistling

I just want to experiment a little with say some American shares like Apple for instance, not sure what asset classes means, I am only a amateur. What do I want to achieve, I would like to get rich but I make a little as I go along, so probably no chance of that. I was thinking that Barclays maybe ok as I am familiar with their system trading UK shares and as I am only small fry doubt it will make that much difference who I go with, within reason but I am worried that there are reasons that Barclays would be a bad one to use and they may be others that are a lot better for International trading, possibly less lost in charges or something, I don't know will it make much difference? Basically need advice, maybe I am worrying about nothing, fear of the unknown and all that.

Thanks for the info pboyles but these all seem to be American companies, would I not use a UK broker to trade International shares, or is it possible or better to use a broker in the country you want to trade, if it is I think I would feel safer using a UK broker ie I would have thought more protection, please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks for the info pboyles but these all seem to be American companies, would I not use a UK broker to trade International shares, or is it possible or better to use a broker in the country you want to trade, if it is I think I would feel safer using a UK broker ie I would have thought more protection, please correct me if I am wrong.
To quote the BBC, Anton Kriel and others reckon your broker is your BITCH. Since when have they had yer best interests at heart, all they want is yer money. :smart::smart::smart:
LEARN how to trade the US or EUR stock markets if that is what you want to do. I for one have always found the US dealers/brokers very helpful:whistling the UK ones not so. Now that we have fingertip comms technology without prohibitive cost then take advantage of it. Register for a few UK brokerage companies, you will be innundated with calls telling you how brilliant they are and how you should invest with them. Then do the same with the US companies and see the difference. This is your money, only you can make the decision so it is important that you make it on the best understanding of the company that you are about to entrust it.:smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart:
By the way if you are married please excuse my mention of russian brides. as far as I am aware you still cannot have cross nation multiple wives.:-0:-0:-0:-0:-0:-0:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: