Want to learn algo trading, please any advice.

Algotrading

Hi Peers,

I am looking for a course to learn algo trading. Would you please give me some advice for me to find the suitability? Thanks in Advance!

I am hoping a course can let me know about the current popular trading platforms and some examples of complete trading systems. Hopefully, I could have something back with me and let me start a algo trading career. Probably, my vision is not quite right, but please help a way to let me start! any suggestions are welcome.

Best regards!

Will

Develop a strategy that makes money.
Automate it, in something like NT, which requires C#

There's no guide or eBook on how to make a successful strategy. Each person has to develop their own according to their own psychology and will to risk.

Hi Will

I am currently looking as well for a course to further develop my skills. Unfortunately I am just starting my career in trading so I am looking for a general course at the moment.
However, you might find some course from Quant7. My friend finished a course with them and he is able to do algo trading himself now.

Take a look on their website maybe it helps
www.quant7.com

Hi Peers,

I am looking for a course to learn algo trading. Would you please give me some advice for me to find the suitability? Thanks in Advance!

I am hoping a course can let me know about the current popular trading platforms and some examples of complete trading systems. Hopefully, I could have something back with me and let me start a algo trading career. Probably, my vision is not quite right, but please help a way to let me start! any suggestions are welcome.

Best regards!

Will

The term Algo trading actually covers a wider aspect than what I first realized. It covers everything from how the platform and functionality works, to equations that facilitate something, to actual automated trading. You have to know what area you wish to pursue and what level of skills you currently have and what you have to develop.

If are a member of Linkedin there are Algotrading groups on there that hold regular meet-ups and webinars that may be of interest depending on what you wish to accomplish.

In terms of automated trading, some on here may be able to assist or if I am free then I can share my experience over the last 8 years on development, programming and structure.

But an important part to remember is that it is not really a shortcut to success. You still have to know the markets fairly well to develop a good working strategy, after al you can only program what you truly understand well.

Good Luck in your search.