VPS Trading Platforms ........HELP !!

NVP

Guest Author
hey all

I am researching this area presently as I do have various problems with my Laptops and PC's plus at work I get a lot of firewall issues

this got me going but I cannot find the dude now as his Website is down

calmahosting - YouTube

can someone kindly come online and tell us what the hell VPS is and how we can leverage it in relation to trading ?

I am a MT4 user and will run that if I go this route from the cloud
(see I'm savvy already)

thanks
N

Last edited:
hey all

I am researching this area presently as I do have various problems with my Laptops and PC's plus at work I get a lot of firewall issues

this got me going but I cannot find the dude now as his Website is down

calmahosting - YouTube

can someone kindly come online and tell us what the hell VPS is and how we can leverage it in relation to trading ?

I am a MT4 user and will run that if I go this route from the cloud
(see I'm savvy already)

thanks
N

Hi. VPS is simply a way of hosting your trading platforms through a different server. A simple way of looking at it is that you "rent/lease" out another hard drive in a remote location whereby the server never switches off. You can access and see this desktop through your pc as if it was your pc.

Benefit in relation to trading is simple. You install your MT4 platform onto the VPS. You can then run EAs/Strategies whereby they run all the time . If you switch off your main PC, then that doesn't matter as the MT4 platform is on VPS/Remote server.

Additionally,,,,if you wish...you can access the VPS through your phone via an app.

I have had one for years so if you need any advice on providers, drop me a note

Hope this helps

you get a virtual machine on a server shared with others rather than having to fork out for a server by yourself - its useful as a less expensive way of getting closer to or co-locating an exchange

I'm not sure the same advantage applies if you're talking about MT4 - would that imply you're trading against a two way quote provided by a 'broker'? In which case I'm not sure they'll fill your orders much quicker... the advantages would seem to be more marginal 'not having to turn your PC off' as mentioned by the other poster etc...

I wont necessarily trade on the VPS platform ........I just need it to install a robust 24/7 platform for viewing

thanks all
N

VPS works best if you use a fully automated trading system since your expert advisors will not stop when you are away from your PC/asleep.
Its similar to having your PC running 24/7, with the EA's on.
If you use this then, you may consider a hosting service.

Giovan

I wont necessarily trade on the VPS platform ........I just need it to install a robust 24/7 platform for viewing

thanks all
N

NVP, you have a block on PMs. Tried to reply to your message you sent to my inbox. Please see below for my reply:

Hi. Sure. I have tried several different providers over the past few years and for me, the best one so far is the one i am currently with

commercialnetworkservices....they always use to have downtime and therefore, you may find sometimes your MT4 goes down without you knowing about it as they reboot all the servers! Bit frustrating

Daily.co.uk. Stay away like a barge pole. Service is terrible, they have fortnightly maintenance of some sort or another, half the time they don't even tell you

Use...Reseller Hosting, Web Hosting, VPS & Dedicated Servers | Heart Internet
By far and away the best one I have had so far. Seamless, hardly any downage time etc etc.

Do however, ask for some free time to start with so you can get use to their service and make sure its for you

Hope this helps

NVP, you have a block on PMs. Tried to reply to your message you sent to my inbox. Please see below for my reply:

Hi. Sure. I have tried several different providers over the past few years and for me, the best one so far is the one i am currently with

commercialnetworkservices....they always use to have downtime and therefore, you may find sometimes your MT4 goes down without you knowing about it as they reboot all the servers! Bit frustrating

Daily.co.uk. Stay away like a barge pole. Service is terrible, they have fortnightly maintenance of some sort or another, half the time they don't even tell you

Use...Reseller Hosting, Web Hosting, VPS & Dedicated Servers | Heart Internet
By far and away the best one I have had so far. Seamless, hardly any downage time etc etc.

Do however, ask for some free time to start with so you can get use to their service and make sure its for you

Hope this helps

thanks V

no idea why i am on block - will adjust

N