volume for dow

Stock Pimp

25 0
Hi, can anyone help? On Sierra chart the values window, shows the daily volume, accumlative. But what I would like to do is find out this figure for each morning start of the dow. is this possible?
Hogs

Simon

133 1
Cash or futures? I would assume futures data would be readily available through your data feed for any applicable period. A crude way of, presumably, calculating the cash volume would be to add together the volume for all constituents of the index for whatever period you desire & adjust accordingly.

Stock Pimp

25 0
it is the futures, but sierra chart only tells you at the tpoint you are looking at, for instance, if i turned it on at 2.30 uk time today, it would tell me the accumulative volume so far today, what i would lke to do is backtest this.. any ideas

Simon

133 1
Does the problem lie with Sierra or the feed you are using, presumably myTrack? If you cannot solve the problem with a new datafeed, aside from long-windedly deducting current volume from previous, the only option may be to ditch Sierra & utilise another package.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock