VantagePoint software

Sorry everyone, tried to edit and tidy up but for some reason its not working.

The second set of figures refer to the 23/09/2008

VP 26/09/2008

EUD/CAD Short @ 1.5164 stop @1.5180

27/9/08 short@ Close 1.5120 stop 1.5140.

resistance 1.5100

resistance2 1.5000

nothing big, but who knows what could happen.

with my stop about 20 pip profit. a wins a win.And helps build a possitive mindset. which is most important.

Unfortunately, for me it was also a complete waste of time and lost be serious money. I asked for my money back which I received without the shipping costs.

From then on I resolved only to buy software that offered a free trial first. If the vendors of a software system think it's that good, they should have no qualms in offering it for free for a period first. Then give the customers the option of buying it if they choose.

Before VantagePoint I also spent £2000 on Goldline which was also a complete pile of crap.

I learned the hard way.

I now use (successfully) some software that gave me a free trial first, and was far, far cheaper than the offerings above.

I got an email the other day about Market Matrix by Steve Copan, promoted also by Tom Hougard. Unfortunately, they expect you to part with £1995 first. I therefore immediately deleted it. The reviews on this board were also unfavourable.

If they cannot or will not give you a free trial, then they can't have much faith in it, and by my definition, can't be much good either.

However, if other people make money from Vantage Point, then I wish them well. :)

Hi whats the software that you use succesfully at the moment
kind regards
aceandking

Hi whats the software that you use succesfully at the moment
kind regards
aceandking

For my daily weekly positions I use VP. Its sad you lost money on it, but then again you could find a program where you make money and I wouldn't. guess you just need to find what suits you most. I use MT4 and a indicator set-up from this forum a kind gentleman taught, which is proving very good for entries.

I have been getting good results from sniperforex also. have a look at it, some good reviews on forexpeacearmy. I tried Mark Learies Forexautopilot, but don't loke it at all. A load of rubbish.

I try to keep things real simple. 2-3 indicators.

I made this call on the EUD/USD

EUD/USD I wrote this into my trading diary on the 15/11/2008

On the weekly back to may 2006 it is supported @ 1.24 , serious set of bullish engulfing patterns are forming stalling at about 1.32, which was the former resistance so a break and close above 1.34 will confirm a great double bottom and a significant reversal.

I can see a great swing/position trade forming here. If this turns out to be correct i will be taking a serious position.

Its very possible it will go down again or go sideways, but certainly worth close attention.

22/11/08

Update: As i thought it has continued sideways and retraced to a low 1.2425, but still having problems breaking support @1.2400 level and resistance now around the 1.2800 level. If you look at the EuroFX 2008-12 currency futures Index you can see the same pattern, however the numbers are different. The U.S Dollar Index 2008-12 contract is still strong. These can give you more of a insight into the strength and timing when to enter.

Conclusion: USD still getting stronger, EUD consolidating. Desending triangle forming. If downtrend is going to continue, will need to watch for a 2 period close below the horizontal support line and use a stop on the resistance line slopping down,and vice versa. Profit potential is calculated by measuring the greatest distance from the begining point of the destending trend line to the bottom of the support line. If break out occurs either way profit around 500 pips. Solid bass forming 2400 level. Will keep a close eye on it. Patience needed.

If it has a strong break to the downside you could see it hit 1.800 level, very unlikely though, however you never know how far a move will be.

And then this happened.
EUD/USD.

Upside breakout confirmed for a day trade.

24/11/2008

Entry 1.2589 stop1 1.2450 stop moved to 1.2701. High of 1.1297. Support @ pivot 1.2811

When reading this please beware that my stop could have changed, due to the fact of profit taking and changing to a trailing stop.

I realise the size of the stop will proberly scare some of you, but this signal was generated using daily analysis, so in short the longer the time frame the larger the stop. You need to give the currency room to breath in order to catch the big moves. If you apply the correct position size, you should not need to worry.

NEW BUY SIGNAL. GPB/USD (cable)

Entry 1.5170 @ 6am Thai time. around the open.

Stop 1.4960.

Could be a day early on this one.

So you can see its all pretty basic.

Good luck in your trading.

Do you still have your vp?

Vp Xmas Present

Xmas Present from VP signal.

I had 2 full lots on this trade. Check the chart out and look at the predicted differences just crossing below the zero line. This is now looking close to a long confirmation, but needs time.

Also have some excellent signals coming up in at day or so.

PS. Thanks George.

Attachments

• vpusdchf.JPG
    vpusdchf.JPG
    145.4 KB · Views: 256
!00% correct

This was my take on your chart - the top was called on 21 November so a substantial reversal was assured because divergence had been present for 4 months = a bigger move.
Well done Paul and a Happy New Year.
Regards
George

Xmas Present from VP signal.

I had 2 full lots on this trade. Check the chart out and look at the predicted differences just crossing below the zero line. This is now looking close to a long confirmation, but needs time.

Also have some excellent signals coming up in at day or so.

PS. Thanks George.

Attachments

• Paul.JPG
    Paul.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 227
VP has been re-written with a scanner included and more. The scanner has given me 100% signals to date. Average 1 signal 7 days

commission

You'll be asking them for commission soon! To be clear, is it ONY VP you are using to trade?
George
VP has been re-written with a scanner included and more. The scanner has given me 100% signals to date. Average 1 signal 7 days

Hi George,

Been meaning to send an email. will do tomorrow.

VP is giving me the daily signals from the scanner they have added. I have set it to setting that suits my style and not a word of a lie it really is working.

Ofcourse, I use your advice and indicator set-up as best as I can. If what you have shown me is not in agreement I will wait till it is, but normally it is. Sometimes VP can be one day ahead of the market, that can be the scary part, waiting. Am not sure how VP would work on Futures, Indices etc, but its ok on FX so far.

When I do my scan in the morning if I get a signal I will post it here and send it to you also.

I am really interested in your system. One of the best I have seen. How far away is it?

Just scalped 40 pips * 2 lots on the EUD/USD short. not VP

Well done my friend.
Day trading is profitable every day now and I am absolutely delighted with it.
Pity it only works with MT4, but the coder is going to transfer the detail to other platforms later in the year.
It is going to be charity based so that traders do not copy and paste to other traders for free. It is still many weeks away though.
Regards
George
Hi George,

Been meaning to send an email. will do tomorrow.

VP is giving me the daily signals from the scanner they have added. I have set it to setting that suits my style and not a word of a lie it really is working.

Ofcourse, I use your advice and indicator set-up as best as I can. If what you have shown me is not in agreement I will wait till it is, but normally it is. Sometimes VP can be one day ahead of the market, that can be the scary part, waiting. Am not sure how VP would work on Futures, Indices etc, but its ok on FX so far.

When I do my scan in the morning if I get a signal I will post it here and send it to you also.

I am really interested in your system. One of the best I have seen. How far away is it?

Just scalped 40 pips * 2 lots on the EUD/USD short. not VP

When Not To Trade Vp

Because I got a Neural 1 which is a long and the PHigh/Plow are not in agreement you would not enter this trade. PTSDiff Trend is also down. I need to see a full confirmation, otherwise forget it.

Attachments

• cadjpyt2w.JPG
    cadjpyt2w.JPG
    168.3 KB · Views: 523
CAD/JPY went mad long after I posted "when not to trade VP" now trading at 74.533 from a close the previous of 72.311 I guess I still don't fully understand the power of this scanner set up. Anyway I must stick to my rules.

AUD/JPY LONG at limit 60.061 stop at 59.161

EUD/JPY LONG at limit 118.791 stop 117.800

CAD/JPY went mad long after I posted "when not to trade VP" now trading at 74.533 from a close the previous of 72.311 I guess I still don't fully understand the power of this scanner set up. Anyway I must stick to my rules.

AUD/JPY LONG at limit 60.061 stop at 59.161

EUD/JPY LONG at limit 118.791 stop 117.800

I deliberately entered small positions, because I was not sure how the market would react today after the news last night in the USA, anyway i said I would post the out comes so here they are.

All stops hit, total VP losses see attachment.

Presently am short the NZD/USD from 53372 and short Cable from 1.45522

Attachments

• TRW.JPG
    TRW.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 193
Todays Scan. Attached.

GPB/CHF looks to be the better pick.

Am Long @ 1.6406 stop 1.6370

After lots of talk to support I found the VP NI calculation in new version 8
typical price = (high+low+close)/ 3

T is typical price for a today (EOD) , T1 for yesterday , T2 for day before yesterday
MA = (T + (T1) + (T2) ) /3

assume X = typical price for tomorrow (EOD)
Y = typical price for day after tomorrow (EOD)

now assume we are at end of day today that T , at this time here is how NI is calculated
PMA = ( T + X + Y ) / 3

we are standing on time line at end of day today T , now vantage point internally calculates X , Y
if PMA > MA then vantage shows NI =1
it PMA < MA then vantage shows NI = 0

Hope this helps.

I'd be happy to help but I cancelled my data subscription in May so I only have data up until then.

I calculated the by NI taking the average of the last 2 days mid price (high+low/2) and comparing it to todays close. That gives you about 95% correlation to VPs actual NI. I used VPs prices in their history report to do this.

A couple of pages back you'll see a post from another member who did something similar with better results I believe.

There is a sales man that keeps calling, wanting me to buy it. Very expensive. Said I could return it after 15 days of use, but there would be a $500.00 refunding fee. I thought Vantage Point would be great. But after reading some of these post I think I will pass on it. Thanks!

Don't fall for the crap they tell you, VP is useless, I tried it for a year and a half and I was part of a bigger group that tested every possible way to use it. Flipping a coin will give you about the same results.

I could return it after 15 days of use, but there would be a $500.00 refunding fee.

That shows the level of confidence that they have in their own product. If it was that good they would offer a full money back guarantee and the fact they want to charge you $500 says it all in my view.

Paul