Value Investment Course

Fran8

Hi everyone

Im a great beliver of value investing. I currently leave in the Uk and I would like to attend a value investment course, but not given by individuals that want to rip me off.
Does anyone know of a course given by any university or academy about value investing ?

Please let me know

Thanks

Who would you rather learn from ?

Some self-proclaimed paper tiger who makes a paltry living telling others how to do it ?

Think not.

You benchmark around, identify the true and proven outachievers, you learn from the best who actually walk the talk.

Great place to start with some real nuggets of always very common sensical wisdom in there:

Warren Buffett Shareholder Letters

Something like this...

Attachments

• Tesco-Value-Motivational-Poster.JPG
    Tesco-Value-Motivational-Poster.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 1,249
JAJAJAJA

Well BSD you could give different points of view, but normally the people from the universities are there because they have proven that they can teach and normallty the better the university the better the lecturer.

Warren Buffet learned in the University from Graham that aparte from being a lecturer was a great investor

Err, don't get me wrong, I wasn't attacking academia at all, my initial part of my post is about a bit of an ongoing insider story we really don't need to get into.

Of course, get an MBA by all means, that definitely will not harm you, also read Graham, great guy / great read, but above all study and benchmark what the most successful performers did, and then synthesize elements together out of that and create your own style.

Thanks
That is good advice
I do not want to do a MBA I just finish the degree and dont feel like studying for another two years but I will like to take like a three months cpurse or something like that even if is one one is ok , but I cant find value investment courses in the UK

Well if I were you try and spend two days with a real trader who is sucsessfull in this profession.
What ever it costs the information and the expierance would be good enough value at even £50,000 as this imfo would set you up for life.

Lots of courses out there M8, most cost £2k+ so be warey of what you do.

Real time exeqution must be a part of any courses .....

Tom the problem is that I do not know any traders so is impossible for me to do that.
Do you know any of the courses and where could I take them?

Actually if I were you I'd research some of the best value investment funds, and bug em long enough until one of em gives you an internship.

Even Warren Buffett is supposedly rather approachable by young students or young graduates, probably likes being around young people, plus it gives him an opportunity to give something back and inspire.