Using Fx to hedge currency risk

esculapius1975

27 0
I have an easy question to ask forex traders.

I want to open an account with interactive brokers in EUR (which is the currency i hold) and buy some US stocks in dollars.
I want to hedge the credit risk of the dollar stock position opening a long position on the pair EUR/USD and keep it for the lenght of my investment (1 year).
What would be the cost of this hedge?
Interactive brokers allow to use a 40:1 leverage and the ask bid spread is minimal.
For an equity asset of 160000 euros I will need 4000 euros to go long on the pair EUR/USD.

The costs I can see are
1) The ask/bid spread on the cross that seems to be very few pips on this pair
2) Rollover cost that should be the difference between the annual interest rate of USD - EUR and we are talking of 0.5-0.7% per annum.

There should not be any cost. Am I right or I am missing anything major?

Thanks

Giangi

esculapius1975

27 0
I have an easy question to ask forex traders.

I want to open an account with interactive brokers in EUR (which is the currency i hold) and buy some US stocks in dollars.
I want to hedge the credit risk of the dollar stock position opening a long position on the pair EUR/USD and keep it for the lenght of my investment (1 year).
What would be the cost of this hedge?
Interactive brokers allow to use a 40:1 leverage and the ask bid spread is minimal.
For an equity asset of 160000 euros I will need 4000 euros to go long on the pair EUR/USD.

The costs I can see are
1) The ask/bid spread on the cross that seems to be very few pips on this pair
2) Rollover cost that should be the difference between the annual interest rate of USD - EUR and we are talking of 0.5-0.7% per annum.

There should not be any cost. Am I right or I am missing anything major?

Thanks

Giangi

Hi I was missing the broker fees. The whole cost of the hedge should not be more than 1% year. Am I right? Can anybody help please?

cold0904

1 0
If i understand you correctly, you want to keep a longterm fx trade in IB. Then, you need to check the way they charge the interest rate, you should check its website. It is not 0.5 - 0.7 pct because of he way they charge differently the long/short balance. Also i guess u r aware assuming 1:40 will hold is too much.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock