usd, xau - bernanke, lions and tigers and bears - oh my!

Alex-the Gr8

We experienced a little bounce in the USD and if Bernanke doesn't shock us, we may be pippin' later on today when the NY session is is full gear. As much as I like charting/technical analysis - I'm never opposed to making a buck, jappy, cable, etc. off of these policy wonks and their diatribes. Which way do you think the dollar will go after Bernanke takes the microphone? Your thoughts are much appreciated. Still thinking about shorting XAU too. Made some quick bucks last week doin' it. Anyone else sell for the trade?

The Dollar ended Friday's session mixed, rising versus Euro and the Yen and declining versus the Pound as Industrial Production was higher but Consumer Sentiment was lower. Industrial Production rose by 0.7% better than 0.1% expected, but University of Michigan's Consumer Sentiment was surprisingly lower with 69.4 versus 73.6 forecast and 73.5 prior. NASDAQ and Dow Jones declined by -0.76% and -0.67% respectively, as bank stocks declined sharply. Crude advanced by 1.2% closing at 78.65$ a barrel. Gold (XAU) finished almost flat with 0.12% change, closing at 1052.25$ an ounce.