USD Falls on China Fears

owais

The USD is lower as more talk of China diversifying its USD1 trillion of reserves.

The JPY is helped by a warning from Bank of Japan Governor Toshihiko Fukui about the risks of a snap back in carry trades. But an unexpected fall in Japanese machinery orders helps to keep a lid on JPY gains.

The USD is down at Y117.36 as the EUR climbs to $1.2881, helped by European Central Bank board member Lorenzo Bini Smaghi's comment that rates are too accommodating in the euro zone. The GBP rises to $1.9146.

This is the kind of rubbish I find really annoying. I bet you would have said something else if the USD went up instead, despite the events being exactly the same (You could have said: GBPUSD declined sharply on feelings among traders that interest rates haven't got much to go and the market ignored Fukui's wanrnings about carry trades and bought the greenback against the japanese unit :cheesy: ).

Yesterday, GBPUSD went down after the rate was hiked by BOE. It then went straight up 200 pips!! Anybody who tries to explain that is dishonest. The best explanation for what happnes in the markets is: It is all a pile of pants. Nobody knows what they are doing, including the ******s in the City and Wall Street.
owais said:
The USD is lower as more talk of China diversifying its USD1 trillion of reserves.

The JPY is helped by a warning from Bank of Japan Governor Toshihiko Fukui about the risks of a snap back in carry trades. But an unexpected fall in Japanese machinery orders helps to keep a lid on JPY gains.

The USD is down at Y117.36 as the EUR climbs to $1.2881, helped by European Central Bank board member Lorenzo Bini Smaghi's comment that rates are too accommodating in the euro zone. The GBP rises to $1.9146.

FXSCALPER2 said:
This is the kind of rubbish I find really annoying. I bet you would have said something else if the USD went up instead, despite the events being exactly the same (You could have said: GBPUSD declined sharply on feelings among traders that interest rates haven't got much to go and the market ignored Fukui's wanrnings about carry trades and bought the greenback against the japanese unit :cheesy: ).

Yesterday, GBPUSD went down after the rate was hiked by BOE. It then went straight up 200 pips!! Anybody who tries to explain that is dishonest. The best explanation for what happnes in the markets is: It is all a pile of pants. Nobody knows what they are doing, including the ******s in the City and Wall Street.

HAHA well said..

Everyone seems to have a great explanation for market moves after the fact.

Ofcourse i or anyone would have said if USD went up.
But looking at the market, USD is Bearish, and we have mantaining that forecast of EUR/USD to touch 1.30 very soon and USD/JPY 114 levels.
Chinas FX diversifying decision, gave another Slam on USD.
Looking much closely 1.2834 levels crossed in EUR/USD
1.2404 USD/CHF
1.9146 level crossed in GBp/USD

Along with 85.13 in the US INdex.

It gives a Medium term signal for Dollar to get weaken further, with little consolidation to appear.

Sometimes look at the market, and try to look up ahead, then rather get Annoyed,
Looks like you arent happy with the USD bearish..

JFYI, my Earlier post, was just a market update. Cheers.!

Anyhow, best of luck.

FXSCALPER2 said: