US Stock Picks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shame, nice exit just at the HOD, just under the round 6 like I said, close the other half left on just before market close. Oh well, no spike over 6 but still rather happy with that. Did what I thought so can´t ask for more than that really :) :clap:

PS. Regarding the MBI, in the bigger scheme of things with the normal stocks I trade daily I would be looking for some support in this little sell off this morning, then a turn and a change back from red to green on the day, I would probably re-enter there on that with a tight stop for a second attack on the 6 ... NOT in this MBI though, done for me now. Red to green often nice though.

:whistling

ShortInterestChart.ashx

:whistling

ShortInterestChart.ashx

So if I read that right....

Short Ratio was increasing. Actual number of shares short slightly down.

So - some people had covered and the average daily volume was reducing.

With short squeeze - do you find that the fact the data is announced only every 2 weeks is detrimental in any way ?

Also - who'd have thought that they would have this nice little short squeeze chart plus the history ? Loftier sites offer much less.

Last edited:
This all seems a bit nooby to me;

What is the purpose of this thread ?

Winning traders aren't interested in other stock picks; and losing traders; aren't going to win trying to follow others.

Cheers.

All i see so far is:

- Some rubbish charts on excel
- Mocking of Technical Analysis
- A short interest graph copy & Pasted from a free website
- A tradestation graph that says 'Come fly with me' ... With no reason attached; therefore leaving me to guess you think the chart looks bearish; making your mocking of TA ironic

? Seriously, ? What are you doing.

Its all so nooby ... Its so ironic that you said 'educational material'. I doubt you have anything educational to say; and i'm starting to see that you have a lot of gloating; but it seems to me its a facade than a fact. In this thread you actually asked someone what the short interest was ? Don't have a regular place to check for that, you obviously don't use it often, so why you bringing it up?

Pretending to act all knowledgeable and i've noticed you've mentioned short interest several times ... But when it comes down to it; you didn't even have an immediate link to check the figures, and when you did it was a free website, and i know its the first one that comes on google from past experience - Really credible dude.

Why don't you cut the crap and we can have some serious discussion about stocks. Seriously; Fresh start, no more nonsense and we can all learn from eachother (maybe).

I REALLY hope i'm wrong; just don't **** these people about and manipulate their trading with 'advice' - if the advice isn't founded in proven success...

Cheers.

Last edited:
NP GX,

The stage is now ALL yours:cheesy:

TE

I don't know why i said ' Lets get some serious discussion going ...'

Because i'm totally uninterested in sharing my analysis, trade ideas and entries on a forum, just as i'm pretty comfortable with how i trade and very confident in what i do; and even less interested in hearing others 'picks'!

Sorry... I'm willing to tell you my view on the market;

Its a bull market don't ye' know.

The point of my previous post was to point out that you were maybe misleading readers; and actually, that can have much worse affects on that user that the 'misleader' has thought about.... And i came to that conclusion from the amount of noobness Vs gloating ratio you display. (no offence seriously)

Cool, but good luck guys!

LTT i can tell your enthusiastic about sharing your thoughts, trades and just interacting with other traders so; i'd be happy for you to join our skype room of Futures/stock traders - We mostly doss around while we aren't trading, talk banter and talk about how gay some members are; but every now and again we have serious discussion. Right now everyone in the room is a winner; but as long as you know your stuff, then we'd love the company even if you aren't rollin' in the dollar right now ;) I personally get pretty quiet at the open but some of the others actively contribute what they're doing.

Sweet.

Last edited:
Tell you what GX, post a sample of how you look at the market, no trades, no winners, no losers, nothing that might put you under pressure, just how you see it all.

This will quickly prove who and what you are.

TE

This is unreal, its just turned into the same slanging match that most threads of this nature do. What PPPisses me off is the fact that Mr Expert fails to say anything about my legimiate posts except for some ridiculous reply singing some song about going down to peru.

How the FFFFFick is that educational in any respect ?

I posted some real charts, with real analysis on. One of which was ahead of time and the stock reacted EXACTLY the way I said it would (ie. what I was looking for it to do), I scalped over 20c off it, like I said I would, earned money on it like I said I would, all ahead of time... And all I see back are vague (thats using it mildly) comments which mean absolutely nothing to anyone.

That 20c may not be much to clever dudes like Mr Expert, but lets see how you do it then..

This thread now over one week old, and I have not read one point of interest regarding "actual trading". What about doing what you said in your FIRST POST on the 6th March ?

I am not into slanging matches, but I can certainly see why people are annoyed regarding the behavior in this thread.

Love To Trade - based on the link above, I would imagine the following has a lot to do with it :

Retailers Have Pain in Store for Short-Sellers

by Jim Cramer
Hedge funds simply love to short retail stocks. They've been a total drag, longer term, they are subject to a ton of vicissitudes that they can't control: weather, calendar shifts, competition. They are supposed to go down on negative employment news or threats of tightening. They are prone to chronic quick selloffs. And the group is driving the hedge funds crazy right now. Crazy. Consider Macy's. For months this company has been saying things are terrific. For months it did nothing -- $16-$17, $16-$17. Now it's just a total horse. It won't quit. It never comes in. It won't let you cover. Or J. Crew Group. Sure, it ran. But it was a beautiful quarter. If it hadn't gotten a downgrade, pure valuation, it would have done nothing when it reported, instead of being hammered, and it would be at $50 now. I think you had...

Hence the mention of BIG.

Tell you what GX, post a sample of how you look at the market, no trades, no winners, no losers, nothing that might put you under pressure, just how you see it all.

This will quickly prove who and what you are.

TE

Sure;

I've got Esignal and Tradestation and Traders Audio and i just got Briefings, and i've got 4 monitors on one pc and three on another, and i've recently learnt to read company financials so thats relatively new to my trading; but otherwise i look for momentum, based on reading a chart, level 2 and time & sales, using NYSE open book, Nasdaq Totalview & ARCX book, with brokerages accounts with Tradestation, Infinity and InteractiveBrokers, with a subscription to the IBD newspaper, with a typical swing trade, i identify through research markets that i want to be in because i percieve they are prone to fast/directional movements and then i time my entries into those, with day trading i just have a feel for when something is breaking out or moving with momentum and i think thats a combination of time/sales & experience of watching how charts react at certain levels, i understand pretty much all of the stuff i imagine retail traders know about stocks, but also futures, for day trading i search for markets that will move on news and have new order flow coming into that market with all the same reason causing trends; i make this easier with regulars found with good earnings stocks with good revenue and then stocks with good upgrades by banks i consider worthy, Walmart being an example yesterday. Furthermore i like to be in the stocks for their earnings through studying that companies past performance on earnings, i also trade options, not heavily although i'm getting into them a bit more with the SPY but also to have covered calls on stocks during rough times, mostly with swing trading i'll top-down research on the weekend; Overall market conditions, Sectors conditions, Individual stock setups; i achieve this through looking through various websites to try to understand what is going on and what might have changed from the previous week to try to guage sentiment. I also trade futures, less so than i use to, and i do this through using technicals and judging when momentum is likely; i've got a pretty good feel for this and its not something i can quantify or explain. I've studied the market to try look for genuine edges that are either factually sound or atleast with a strong theoretical background; to do this really you need a good understanding of how supply/demand works as a mechanism in the actual exchange for moving the market and also the participants who are part of holding that structure together; i like to track certain figures on a level 2 window and watch the 'big size' trades; my view of the market is that people naturally have a -edge, and so i focus on exploiting that and i really try to understand the position of everyone else in the market so that i can guage the possibility of momentum or not. I like to massively scale into stocks as they go in my favour, creating big positions so that when i'm right big time, i win big time and my risk management and money management is based around my perception of the probability of a trade working out, rather than pretending every context is the same; so its very flexible. In day trading; i like to fade collective moves towards the end of the day; where everyone has made their position in one direction and then if the market starts moving the other way; their will be momentum causing more momentum causing more; so i take advantage of that situation and occasionally get caught in it too; which is kindof how i learnt to play it; i try to imagine what i would do when day trading; if i were being impulsive. If you click on my profile; u can see my monitors that i day trade on, i like it :)

Hopefully that helps you.

P.s. I don't seee how this has turned into how I TRADE and how credible I AM ... I was the one who was calling you a liar. But either way: There you go.

Last edited:
Sure;

I've got Esignal and Tradestation and Traders Audio and i just got Briefings, and i've got 4 monitors on one pc and three on another, and i've recently learnt to read company financials so thats relatively new to my trading; but otherwise i look for momentum, based on reading a chart, level 2 and time & sales, using NYSE open book, Nasdaq Totalview & ARCX book, with brokerages accounts with Tradestation, Infinity and InteractiveBrokers, with a subscription to the IBD newspaper, with a typical swing trade, i identify through research markets that i want to be in because i percieve they are prone to fast/directional movements and then i time my entries into those, with day trading i just have a feel for when something is breaking out or moving with momentum and i think thats a combination of time/sales & experience of watching how charts react at certain levels, i understand pretty much all of the stuff i imagine retail traders know about stocks, but also futures, for day trading i search for markets that will move on news and have new order flow coming into that market with all the same reason causing trends; i make this easier with regulars found with good earnings stocks with good revenue and then stocks with good upgrades by banks i consider worthy, Walmart being an example yesterday. Furthermore i like to be in the stocks for their earnings through studying that companies past performance on earnings, i also trade options, not heavily although i'm getting into them a bit more with the SPY but also to have covered calls on stocks during rough times, mostly with swing trading i'll top-down research on the weekend; Overall market conditions, Sectors conditions, Individual stock setups; i achieve this through looking through various websites to try to understand what is going on and what might have changed from the previous week to try to guage sentiment. I also trade futures, less so than i use to, and i do this through using technicals and judging when momentum is likely; i've got a pretty good feel for this and its not something i can quantify or explain.

Hopefully that helps you.

Nice one Gladiator.

Why don´t you do the same Mr Expert, as you are the only one in this thread that has made no contribution to how you trade.

This is unreal, its just turned into the same slanging match that most threads of this nature do. What PPPisses me off is the fact that Mr Expert fails to say anything about my legimiate posts except for some ridiculous reply singing some song about going down to peru.

How the FFFFFick is that educational in any respect ?

I posted some real charts, with real analysis on. One of which was ahead of time and the stock reacted EXACTLY the way I said it would (ie. what I was looking for it to do), I scalped over 20c off it, like I said I would, earned money on it like I said I would, all ahead of time... And all I see back are vague (thats using it mildly) comments which mean absolutely nothing to anyone.

That 20c may not be much to clever dudes like Mr Expert, but lets see how you do it then..

This thread now over one week old, and I have not read one point of interest regarding "actual trading". What about doing what you said in your FIRST POST on the 6th March ?

I am not into slanging matches, but I can certainly see why people are annoyed regarding the behavior in this thread.

It is not my fault, as I just respond to what is posted, good or bad:rolleyes:

TE

Status
Not open for further replies.