US Rates likely to remain stable...

gugaplex

for the next 5-6 years. Should rise gradually, but not considerably. Inflation fears are over-blown in my opinion.

i see the opposite happening - rates around the world, especially uk, usa, australia, japan, doubling withing the next 5 yrs. rates have been held 'abnormally' (and artificially) low for nearly the last eight years. when rates rise, as they will, the economy will sink.

Last edited:
I'm guessing U.S. rate will be just over 6% in the next few years. A fall in commodities coupled with increased productivity from new technologies should temper inflation.

dada2826 said:
i see the opposite happening - rates around the world, especially uk, usa, australia, japan, doubling withing the next 5 yrs. rates have been held 'abnormally' (and artificially) low for nearly the last eight years. when rates rise, as they will, the economy will sink.

I wonder if we have been too optimistic on steady rates scenario ?
Ten year note Mar 07 (probably not the best example) is experiencing problems at the recent highs - higher prices=lower rates....

.... meaning rates look like they won't go lower unless we get a freak event. Moreover they could go HIGHER and this is not yet priced in ..... despite Fed hints. What will happen to equities if/when this happens ?

Time will tell..... Price now 108-00

http://www.futuresource.com/charts/charts.jsp?s=TYH07