US Dollar falls against European currencies

Joshua_fx

Flat trading dominates the currency market on a low volume week. Most crosses are making limited moves and most remain in ranges. Greenback is trading slightly lower versus European currencies and is mostly unchanged against commodity currencies.

The EUR/USD is holding above 1.3055/60, posting daily gain of less than 30 pips. The GBP/USD recovered from earlier losses and peaked at 1.5677. Cable holds near the highs, up 0.20% from today’s opening price.

The Swiss Franc continues to move sideways against Greenback. The USD/CHF remains inside yesterday’s trading range, after being unable to break above 0.9370, to the downside it remains supported by the 0.9330 area.

Among European currencies, the best performer is Pound and the worst is the Euro.

FXstreet

I can't believe that a month ago it was something like 1.4
1000 pips, its crazy!the long frame traders have won big time on this one.

There are fears that the greeks will ask for another bailout in mid february,the euro was going down today. I have seen a point of sell when it goes on that l am going to make a huge profit. Made £116 pounds:)

The ongoing European drama, without walking all the talk, is holding the world financial markets to ransom. More and more, it appears that there is a secret understanding to let Greece default - it's problems may be too big - instead the Eurozone may be considering helping more amenable members who are likely to deliver on their promises in return for bailouts. The Euro may be headed for much lower levels.

What will happen when the interests rates go up? The Us dollar l worry for it, the payment will be more than a 100 billion on the debt, I think the collapse is on the way but this time they will be no one bailout the countries in debt.

I have seen a point of sell when it goes on that l am going to make a huge profit.
g.gif

The rising of the stocks is weakening the USD against most of the major currencies and the Euro is taking advantage of the situation in spite the fact the talks with Greece, which seemed to be close to an agreement, last week, are still going on. Because of that, Germany threats on the Greek government that it will not transfer the additional 130 billion Euros if Greece does not accepts its demands.
The pair closed around the resistance of 1.325 after it got a strong support by the 20 EMA at 1.303 on Monday. The current momentum of the stocks can definitely continue and take the Euro up to the next resistance at 1.345.