Best Thread US day traders thread.

Thanks Richard,

Troublesome though an outage can be, its comforting to know that the problem isn't confined to one's own workstation. The problem took away my initiative and I chose not to try and get going again in case of reoccurrence.

Up until 3pm, I had only managed a couple of momentum scalps on RIMM in what looked as though it might become an OR. Although RHAT was on my shortlist for the day I never managed to pick an entry point. The rest of the usual suspects had also failed to generate any interesting set-ups.

Never mind, there's always tomorrow :)

Edward

I concur. Shorted RIMM at 67.00. Still holding it. Stop at 65.55 ish. How did you play it, Big man??

I've received an email asking why I said, "may exit very soon" and the price then fell a minute later.
I was looking at my level 2 screens and watching buy/sell pressures, behaviour of market participants, and time and sales. They told me it might be running out of steam and I was therefore ready to exit.
The price then fell to almost 51, rose weakly to just break through the high of the 4.08 pm candle at 51.43 to reach 51.55 before again dropping to 50.77.
So yes, I was out pretty much near the top (so far!).
I'm done. It's been another very good day.
Richard

Doh!

I just shorted RIMM and was stopped out at b/even, then the stock market god's decided to take the ****! Stock halted, loses Blackberry patent appeal.

Attachments

• rimm.JPG
    rimm.JPG
    19 KB · Views: 169
  • rimm2.JPG
    rimm2.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
Rimm

boy said:
I just shorted RIMM and was stopped out at b/even, then the stock market god's decided to take the ****! Stock halted, loses Blackberry patent appeal.
So what's the story...I noted the massive downward plunge. Does anyone know how this will/is normally resolved?

Rimm

RIMM Research In Motion -- Court of Appeals denies motion for a rehearing in NTP patent dispute (63.17 -3.80)

Official announcement from N.T.P. says that the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit in Washington, D.C. had denied the petition from Research In Motion (RIMM) that sought to re-hear the case before the entire en banc court of 12 judges. The Federal Circuit had previously affirmed infringement by RIM of multiple N.T.P. patent claims and today's denial of RIM's petition leaves that affirmance in place. The case will be returned to the District Court for re-confirmation of its previously-entered injunction that prohibits RIM from selling, using, or importing into the United States infringing Blackberry hardware and software until the last of the litigated patents expires in 2012. See 11:15 comment.

similar thing happened last december...except then it rallied like 10 -15 points and then halted, then when open came crashing down to close just below the pre halt price...was a good day...managed to get a fill on 100 80 puts for 5c...closed the following day for $1.15 :p

RedArmy said:
similar thing happened last december...except then it rallied like 10 -15 points and then halted, then when open came crashing down to close just below the pre halt price...was a good day...managed to get a fill on 100 80 puts for 5c...closed the following day for $1.15 :p

When did you buy the puts?

boy said:

I know that tight stops are recommended but less than 1c is pushing it a bit in my view :)

Paul

Trader333 said:
I know that tight stops are recommended but less than 1c is pushing it a bit in my view :)

Paul

Well, you know what they say about Scotsmen. long RMM @ 61.84

Scaled out, @ 62.83 - 63.35 - 63.45

Attachments

• rimm3.JPG
    rimm3.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 213
AMGN - Could Be Interesting?

AMGN has fallen $10 from its highs of $87 in mid Sept'. Last week saw it drop through support at $78, pausing briefly overnight before continuing its strong decent and chopping straight through the next support level - a dollar below at $77. Friday's bull candle is interesting, as buyers made some attempt to test the $77 level. However, their efforts are not wholly convincing, as evidenced by the relatively poor volume. If Monday's open isn't positive with a strong early move above this (now resistance?) level, it could suggest that the move to the downside isn't over yet. If that turns out to be the case, there is nothing that I can see to prevent the price from falling to the $72 level, from where it gapped up so spectacularly on the 20th July. Just my thoughts, and I'll doubtless look very silly this time next week when AMGN moves to new highs!
Tim.

Attachments

• AMGN_Daily.PNG
    AMGN_Daily.PNG
    40.7 KB · Views: 206