Best Thread US day traders thread.

Jerry Olson said:
HI Samtron

wee caught it boths ways long early for 3 scalps and short for 3...

i love the rimmster.

QCOM was nice too...

have a good day :LOL:

well rimm did hit the skids.
well done Jerry you are a star! but beware I have been told too much scalping can make one loose ones hair. ;)

any big figs out tomorrow- its fri.

samtron said:
well rimm did hit the skids.
well done Jerry you are a star! but beware I have been told too much scalping can make one loose ones hair. ;)

any big figs out tomorrow- its fri.
Hi Samtron,

no big figures tomorrow. The biggest is the confidence number tomorrow. But not really important. We might get a really quiet afternoon tomorrow. The open might be good though. We'll see. I don't expect too much for tomorrow. We had a great week though. A lot of volatility.
And SHLD was really great too!!! That was definately the trade of the week.

Good evening to y'all.

-Dave.

Gents, Having been reading these boards, and anything else about trading nasdaq stocks I can lay my hands on for several months now, i figure it's about time i looked at a level 2 screen in action! Previously traded dow, s+p and UK stocks so have only ever seen screenshots.
Currently in a rented house and commuting a fairly long distance, so in no position to trade at the mo, therefore am looking to keep costs to a minimum, so could anyone point me in the direction of the cheapest level 2 feed so i can just watch and see what happens when i get a chance.
Thanks folks,
hampy

hampy said:
Gents, Having been reading these boards, and anything else about trading nasdaq stocks I can lay my hands on for several months now, i figure it's about time i looked at a level 2 screen in action! Previously traded dow, s+p and UK stocks so have only ever seen screenshots.
Currently in a rented house and commuting a fairly long distance, so in no position to trade at the mo, therefore am looking to keep costs to a minimum, so could anyone point me in the direction of the cheapest level 2 feed so i can just watch and see what happens when i get a chance.
Thanks folks,
hampy

Hampy,

You could also try a product called Tyamora Replay. Effectively they store all the Level II time & sales for a restricted set of NASDAQ stocks and allow you to replay the days action at reduced speed, stop, rewind, fast forward, etc. On the down-side it has a limited range of stocks, as I say (no GOOG or RIMM last time I looked). It does however have the likes of KLAC, DELL, etc.
It can be a bit flakey (I think down to the occasional error in their data feed). On the up-side it has/had a flat rate of 10 bucks a month and you can download the days T&S data very quickly and study at your leisure.

HTH.

Tyamora Replay

sandpiper said:
Hampy,

You could also try a product called Tyamora Replay.

HTH.
Interesting. Have you got a link for the product - a Google search does not find it.

Thanks

LevII said:
Interesting. Have you got a link for the product - a Google search does not find it.

Thanks

www.yourika.com and then the tyamoraReplay link. I didn't really describe it very well. It actually saves and allows you to replay the full level II for a large selection of stocks (rather than just the time&sales).

The website looks and feels scabby and I have never looked at the actual Tyamora Pro product. I did however try the replay product for a couple of months (more for eductional purposes than anything else since I trade futures).

It's not great, but for 10 bucks a month, my opionion is you'll learn a great deal more from it than most of the books on NASDAQ tape reading.

Here We Go Again!!

[FONT=Arial[B]]Earnings Time![/B][/FONT]

A few before the open today: JADE, MBT, PACT, RTLC and WAG, although mainly low price/volume stocks. Only MBT and WAG of any interest to me.

A few more Nasdaq stocks starting tomorrow after the close though, RHAT, PAYX and TIBX

EAs

A few before open today: AGE, ATYT, BBY, BTH,KMX,CMRG,HMX,MSM,ORCH,PTEN,SRR and TXI.

I fancy PTEN for some movement, will be watching that along with ATYT.

It's been a bit quiet on here recently. Not posted for a while as I've been tied up doing my real job. Not sure when to make the leap yet, but working freelance makes a nice base from which to make the leap, well it's more of a hop really, and the hop back is also fairly easy if things don't go to plan.

BTW, that wasn't the plan this time as I knew I had 2-3 months off from the day job to learn how to do this. I have to say I've learned a huge amount over the last few months and am heavily indebted to Naz, Mr Charts, Pitbull, Gadgetman, DVDH and BCT in particular- very many thanks guys for all your help and support thus far on my journey- it is really appreciated.

I now know what I've got to do in the coming months... and it's all to do with getting my head right!

And as the say in Holland, with a Dutch accent, success (to you guys) DVD knows what I mean!

Gadgetman said:
A few before open today: AGE, ATYT, BBY, BTH,KMX,CMRG,HMX,MSM,ORCH,PTEN,SRR and TXI.

I fancy PTEN for some movement, will be watching that along with ATYT.

Hi Gadgetman

i would also recommend watching all the Asia nets, this GOOG deal with that offering will spark interest in their buying up some company out there in Asia.

BIDU--SNDA-TOMO-NTES- MAYBE EVEN REDF AND SIFY

just a heads up

Morning all

Yesterday the COMPX broke out to a new 52 week high at 2340, the NDX on that important print of 1710 took out heavy resistance there, i am watching the bullish percents on the OTC and the OPTI, and i'm expecting both to breakout soon propeling tech a lot higher than most think it can go.

Bears are out in force in disbelief right now, but the markets perception and sentiment is bullish and ignoring all outside negative noise.

Several very good set ups on the daily charts for AAPL,SNDK ect have come off those falling wedges that have broken up and out. The funds were buying with both fists yesterday as seen by hugh voiume on the boards.

here;s the P&F chart of the NDX http://www.buyitbuyitsellitsellit.com/OJ1.gif

good luck today everyone

It's all gone, sadly, fairly quiet here; this was a cracking thread. Guess you guys are all busy trading. I had a very enjoyable day with Richard on 23-3. Just managed to digest all the information over the last 10 days. Will start observing and then paper trading as soon as I get back from my holiday.

Last edited:
OpenMind said:
It's all gone, sadly, fairly quiet here; this was a cracking thread. Guess you guys are all busy trading. I had a very enjoyable day with Richard on 23-3. Just managed to digest all the information over the last 10 days. Will start observing and then paper trading as soon as I get back from my holiday.
You're right it's quiet. I think a few of the main contributors became a bit discouraged about the tone the thread was starting to take and decided to rest for a while.

Shall we start posting again guys?

I recently did Richard's Level2 course over the phone. Found it an excellent help to the trading, adds another tool.

Picture title says it all..........

When trades are going through T&S at 35.99, anyone have an idea why I would get filled on a market order at 35.96? I wouldn't mind if I was going long but it was a short.............

Attachments

• crapfill.jpg
    crapfill.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 242
A little Light Relief

No! Not that kind of light relief - the trading kind . . .
:LOL:
Hands up anyone who trades U.S. equities AND has an interest in footie? All those with their hands aloft, click on the link:
http://www.etradeworldcup.com/index.php
It would be great if a trader from this thread won a prize!
Good luck,
Tim.