Best Thread US day traders thread.

Time frames yet again play a big part, I was following the trade on the one minute!
and saw lots of consecutive bears on the way? which if I had been following the two bear r.o.t would have hit the eject button a lot sooner!

PB did you trail a stop on the ride or did you just let it run?

Mental stop. Only put in hard stops if I'm managing other trades. It needs my maximum concentration reading level 2 and T&S. Cant p^ss about adjusting stops when the action is fast and furious. If danger is ahead then its only a hot key away

I thought you might like me sharing the emotions I was going through when managing the RIMM trade. I've calmed down now after a nice cup of tea!

Ok, todays action:

I managed a RIMM trade this afternoon on the 3 bar break. Nice big bodied candles are the best, too much momentum to ignore. Shorted it @ 60.50, covered at 59.54. +96

Again, I keep going on about these afternoon continuations with the hammer and a nice long wick, which basically says, "the bulls are out to play now". Long @ 63.49, rode it past the noise and exited at 64.65, when NITE was having none of 65. T&S alerted me as L2 too fast to keep track of. Big size sells started showing and I was out. Bingo! +1.16

An earlier trade was CEPH.

Could see that this was strong today. I got in before it broke its highs with a low risk entry @ approx 6.15pm after 3 bear candles with the third being a.......hammer!! Entry top of hammer, stop just below. This trade has a really low risk with a very high reward if it breaks the days high. Long @ 55.02, exit 55.86. +84

No losses, so total $2.96

Have a good weekend guys!

Attachments

• CEPH091205.gif
    CEPH091205.gif
    10.5 KB · Views: 344
  • RIMM091205.gif
    RIMM091205.gif
    10.5 KB · Views: 334
Enjoyable day......

Have a good weekend everyone & thanks for the posts! :)

Glad the thread is now back on track :cool:

PitBull & Bez
great trades today. thanks for sharing!

I almost wore the refresh button out trying to follow PitBulls Rimm trade this evening.

Have a good one and roll on Monday!

Last edited:
SNDK out of the gate....(for the gap)

& p^ssing in the wind with AAPL

Attachments

• SNDK.jpg
    SNDK.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 234
  • AAPL.jpg
    AAPL.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:
Another very nice day's trading so far.
I've just been looking at the daily chart of the Nasdaq futures and there is an expanding triangle and since this is at the top of a swing move from mid-October and at the year high, the next several days might be quite interesting.
FOMC tomorrow and triple witching later in the week add to the mix.
Richard

Sounds good Mr Charts :cool: :)

RIMM again just as a pattern example......
Most Techncal traders ( Elliott mob) :cheesy: will sell a 61.8 pull back .... for a least a test of the support...

Edit ... just an update of the ABC pattern

Attachments

• RIMM Sell.jpg
    RIMM Sell.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 190
  • RIMM-26.jpg
    RIMM-26.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
Another example of a 61.8% but in a different context :)

If it doesn't hold then AMGN its is trouble Technically...

Edit...well they gunned the stops on both sides of the 61.8% :eek:

Normally it would of been a straight sell ... the break of days low..but with the 61.8% just below it was looking like and bear trap... but not to worry :)

Attachments

• AMGN 60.jpg
    AMGN 60.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 205
  • AMGn buy.jpg
    AMGn buy.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 208
  • AMGN.jpg
    AMGN.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
Forgot to post a cup & handle of INTU before :eek:

Attachments

• INTU.jpg
    INTU.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 219
  • INTU.1.jpg
    INTU.1.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 252
Bez said:
Another example of a 61.8% but in a different context :)

If it doesn't hold then AMGN its is trouble Technically...

Edit...well they gunned the stops on both sides of the 61.8% :eek:

Normally it would of been a straight sell ... the break of days low..but with the 61.8% just below it was looking like and bear trap... but not to worry :)

Pivot S2 was just below 61.8 % level and 77.20 level just below that perhaps this where Level 2 would have come in to its own :eek:

with all these levels where will it end!

Last edited:
A very nice day's trading today considering it's FOMC day.
Wasn't ELOS a beaut on the opening and then GILD, GRMN and others too........;-)
Hope you guys did well, too ;-)
Richard

Mr. Charts said:
A very nice day's trading today considering it's FOMC day.
Wasn't ELOS a beaut on the opening and then GILD, GRMN and others too........;-)
Hope you guys did well, too ;-)
Richard

You bet, Richard. ELOS was the trade of the day. Took out 160 cents. (The power of LEVEL II) Didn't see GRMN though. But SNDK and RIMM made some good moves too. Hopefully some good action after the FED number. Otherwise I'll be trading the futures.

-Dave.

Mr. Charts said:
My pleasure ;-)
Richard

Is it so boring, that we keep sending two word posts! :cheesy: :cheesy:
LOL.

It's a little bit quiet here lately! Everyone spending the profits????

-Dave.

dvdh said:
It's a little bit quiet here lately! Everyone spending the profits????

-Dave.

Just waiting for things to get back to normal :)

Made a gentle $0.53 profit on GILD this morning, if my stops hadn't been so tight could have followed it up to $1 - never mind.

Got in too late on QCOM, made it a scratch trade. At least my losing streak seems to be dissolving, I wonder if it's anything to do with the fact I'm reading "Trading in the Zone"............

Gadgetman said:
Just waiting for things to get back to normal :)

Made a gentle $0.53 profit on GILD this morning, if my stops hadn't been so tight could have followed it up to $1 - never mind.

Got in too late on QCOM, made it a scratch trade. At least my losing streak seems to be dissolving, I wonder if it's anything to do with the fact I'm reading "Trading in the Zone"............

Might be, That's actually the best trading book around.
It was quite choppy this afternoon in stocks. But I managed to take 6.25 points out of the S&P500 futures. So the day is quite good afterall. Got scr* wed in RIMM a little bit just now. But I'm up quite a lot. So no complaining from my side.
Tomorrow probably will be volatile. Let's hope so anyway.

-Dave.