Best Thread US day traders thread.

Dave its very good believe me.

You're right it just focuses on the real movers.It has the commentary as well to go with it from yours truly.So i give the run down in many instances before the stocks take off.Like RIMM yesterday.

I hope it will be released in about 4 weeks.This thread will be the first with any info on it.

It scans all different price stocks but concentrates on ones that have got the potential to run.

Like the BIDU call it gave first thing today that ran $4 from the moment the scanner called it.

I attach a screen shot of this and the chart.

In my previous post earlier today and the one now its given three live calls that amounted to a total of a $10 run or for spread betters a1000 points.Thats the best scanner i've ever worked with.

Attachments

• bbbb.png
    bbbb.png
    5 KB · Views: 291
  • 1111.png
    1111.png
    10 KB · Views: 277
Great Naz,
I can't wait untill it's released. Do you have an indication on what it will cost? I did find BIDU today, only because I had it in my quotelist. Did you trade that move. I made $2.31 on it. But I missed out yesterday. Do you trade stocks like that. I know people that don't have the guts to trade it. But I find it the greatest of all.

-Dave.

davevandenheuvel said:
Great Naz,
I can't wait untill it's released. Do you have an indication on what it will cost? I did find BIDU today, only because I had it in my quotelist. Did you trade that move. I made $2.31 on it. But I missed out yesterday. Do you trade stocks like that. I know people that don't have the guts to trade it. But I find it the greatest of all.

-Dave.

Hi naz

Did you pick the big move in BIDU at the end of the day Naz? I've just watched it go down from $89 to $78 in the closing minutes.

Yeah, I saw that too. Covering before the figures come out tomorrow I think. At a certain moment there was almost a $1.5 spread.
Let's hope the the Baidu results are good, cuz BIDU isn't shortable. Unless you clear through Genesis.

I wasnt watching BIDU this late so i missed the move.But i checked the scanner and it had picked it up at $84.01.I attach the alert call.

Attachments

• bidu.gif
    bidu.gif
    2.5 KB · Views: 223
Hi Guys, here is the scanner call in the last hour on PLAY for a 5% move.One thing that a scanner cant do is check if a stock is on the hard to borrow list and this can change for different brokers.

Attachments

• play1.gif
    play1.gif
    2.4 KB · Views: 206
  • play.gif
    play.gif
    14.7 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
davevandenheuvel said:
Yeah, I saw that too. Covering before the figures come out tomorrow I think. At a certain moment there was almost a $1.5 spread.
Let's hope the the Baidu results are good, cuz BIDU isn't shortable. Unless you clear through Genesis.

Of course I forgot about it not being on the easy to borrow list.

davevandenheuvel said:
Did you trade that move. I made $2.31 on it. But I missed out yesterday. Do you trade stocks like that.
-Dave.

Hi Dave, Yes i did trade that early long move on BIDU.In the attachment for the BIDU trade the comments are mine so you can see exactly when i entered and exited.I took $2.55 from the move.

Alan

I enjoyed the attack by GOOG on $350 yesterday especially the tight little consolidation just before it broke.

Attachments

• uuuu.gif
    uuuu.gif
    34.2 KB · Views: 261
I have lots of different things i like to look at during the day.I'm always interested in the market at 10am est.Before i just couldn't keep track of which stocks were setting themselves up at this time.Now i just sit back let this new scanner call them for me and decide which ones i want to trade.

This for me is a new lazy way to day trade.

I've always said that if you make a dollar run you've made a days living.With a thousand shares thats $1000 and 500 shares its $500.

Here were three calls today, time stamped to show that 10 am move.All of them made between $1-$2.One wasn't short able.

Alan

Attachments

• foxhj.gif
    foxhj.gif
    21.3 KB · Views: 238
  • wfmi.gif
    wfmi.gif
    16.3 KB · Views: 241
  • penn2.gif
    penn2.gif
    18.2 KB · Views: 243
  • ten.gif
    ten.gif
    4.9 KB · Views: 204
Good stuff, Alan.

Here's my DRIV trade today.
I shorted just before market open when it lost the $30 level and micro-analysis showed collapsing support. With the bad news about the stock and being able to read the sentiment to confirm the imminent move it seemed a no-brainer for at least 50c
This is the image at the time of the short.
Richard

Attachments

• drivshort271005.GIF
    drivshort271005.GIF
    21.4 KB · Views: 264
This is the point of exit as the selling volume died and it began to turn north with, again, micro-analysis confirming incoming support.
I'm quite pleased with a $3 move as I've just returned from the US and am a bit jet-lagged.
I know saying this goes against the grain and everything people read and say about not trading when you are not 100%, but I believe you just discipline yourself to get on with trading - you soon feel better :)
Richard

Attachments

• drivcovered271005.GIF
    drivcovered271005.GIF
    9.1 KB · Views: 234
davevandenheuvel said:
Great Naz,

-Dave.

Hi davev,
How much do you rely on Level 2 for your trades when compared to TA, does it play a significant part in your selection process?

Nice to see you back Richard.

From today i'm going to have one or two of the US indicies in the new scanner so that traders will be able to see if the general market does major turns throughout the day which might effect their positions.

Alan