US Brokers - Tax liability

chump

2,212 274
BBB,Knorrie,
A floating tax haven..LOL..there is always a new scam trying to get around tax...I don't note anybody stating that the IRS has made a ruling on this and until they do its' just another attempt that might come back to bite them in the wallet. For a start the ship must be registered somewhere and as such the country of registration may ultimately decide that if you inhabit a 'floating' extention of that country then you are in fact resident there also for taxable gains. Again I don't see anything in the article thats states this will not be the case.

Time residency is the biggest misunderstanding that people make about tax. You see time is ONLY the first criteria for determining tax,not the ONLY criteria.

If you don't qualify to pay tax on a time basis then you do so on the basis of where you perform the service if you do not qualify to pay the tax elsewhere on a time basis. There is NO such thing as a legal basis for country hopping to avoid tax. This is evading tax,very plain and very clear.

Cheers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock