Uncorrelated Currency Pairs

Correlations.....

Hello Fellow Traders,

I wish to know the few most "uncorrelated pair" viz. the closest to zero correlation... i tried to google but the results have turned out to be quite weird!.. If one site is showing 0.87 correlation for a particular pair then some other site is showing 0.15 for the same... The difference is huge...

So if anyone does know the most consistent uncorrelated pair (either gained by personal experience or some statistical proof) please let us know.

Kind Regards

Hi nishantsomani .......and hi to some names I recognise on this thread....!

can I humbly suggest you have a look at this thread....may help a little

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...ding-basic-ideas-strategies-2.html#post876536

Zero correlation ?...........thats completely spurilous and uncorrelated right ?...you're looking for some options regarding a Hedge strategy to diversify your portfolio

hmmm - If you asked me to suggest the most totally uncorrelated currency (to the others)i'd be a little pushed to offer even 1.....CAD is probably the wildest standalone dude but most people will swear blind it always runs with NZDand AUD and of course always opposes USD/JPY..............not as much as they all think though in my opinion especially intraday trading .......neither is it stuck like glue to the Crudeoil price either !

I looked at the Grid offered earlier in this thread and interestingly it lools like the Yen seems to have the least correlation with the other G7 currencies apart from naturally the USD where it has a strong positive correlation
so I would suggest that as a possible option (?)

at the moment most markets are frighteningly correlated.......all that QE cash is finding its way into every damn market and skewing relationships...if they started a recycled toenail index in emerging markets the price would start rising at the moment :cry:

N

Last edited: