UK prop shops?

mpat89

I've been trading a long short strategy for a while now. I was hoping that I will eventually be able to go to a prop shop who will let me run the strategy with size.

Can anyone suggest some in London that it would be worth getting in touch with? All I have is my personal broker statements, which to be fair are fairly detailed and show historical performance, drawdowns, etc.

The strategy involves holding 60 US equities (long/short dollar neutral) and rebalancing/swapping positions quarterly so I'm not sure how it would work with margins etc at a prop firm - afaik they're used to futures; I've been trading cfd's to cut down margin reqs.

I'm comprehending that you manage positions on a quarterly basis? A good majority of prop shops are intraday only. I don't know of any that allows overnight positions on leverage.

I think Uranus is right on the money here. All the prop shops I am aware of focus on intraday trading and are unlikely to be looking for this type of trading strategy.

You could contact some of the prop shops and just ask them? And if they say no ask them whether they are aware of other prop shops that may be open to this type of trading approach.

Though I would expect it might be problematic to provide a meaningful sample size of trading stats if you are effectively trading on a time horizon of a quarter. There just haven't been enough quarters since the decimalization of stock prices (late 90's?) to draw any statistically meaningful conclusions.

Not meaning to be discouraging. Hopefully that helps a little.