UK Biotech Companies

Doomberg

Established member
I'm invested in Sareum Holdings and will soon be investing in Scancell Holdings (SAR and SCLP) Both are cancer research companies and have great drugs under trial, they are waiting on being bought out by big pharma companies, both estimate it will be this year and at this point the stock should rocket... Does anyone else have stock for these firms? Fundementals look fantastic, no i don't have hidden adjendas, i'm just interested to see your opinions on good Biotech stock.

I'm invested in Sareum Holdings and will soon be investing in Scancell Holdings (SAR and SCLP) Both are cancer research companies and have great drugs under trial, they are waiting on being bought out by big pharma companies, both estimate it will be this year and at this point the stock should rocket... Does anyone else have stock for these firms? Fundementals look fantastic, no i don't have hidden adjendas, i'm just interested to see your opinions on good Biotech stock.

I do not currently hold SAR and SCLP but I am invested in Immupharma (IMM) which has a drug called Lupuzor which is ready to start phase 3 trials. They are in negotiations at the moment and hope to strike partnership deal with a large pharma. They also have some other interesting drugs under development.

I think the risk reward ratio on IMM is currently very favourable. If they conclude a deal with a big pharma the shares have the potential for a substantial rise. They also have enough cash to last them for a couple of years.

I am also keeping an eye on SCLP as I think the share price may drift down if there is no news for a while. SCLP has great potential if all goes well but there is of course a big risk, if any problems come to light with the phase 2 trials for SCIB that they are currently undertaking.

Last edited:
Thanks for the input, and what's stopping you take the risk with SAR? I picked up 168,000 shares for £2000.... and they have great fundementals, and great drugs just like Scancell, and at 1.2p they are the perfect time to pick up. I'll be looking at IMM too, thanks buddy

Thanks for the input, and what's stopping you take the risk with SAR? I picked up 168,000 shares for £2000.... and they have great fundementals, and great drugs just like Scancell, and at 1.2p they are the perfect time to pick up. I'll be looking at IMM too, thanks buddy

I have not researched SAR, but will take at them.

Mate, I'm not knocking your choices or the companies involved.
Just pointing out a few things.

Supply and demand of stock is low.
No big IB interest based on transactions sizes (not checked holders though).
Both are still in cash burn phase - placings, no profit etc.

I can guarantee you the only things that make an AIM stock rocket
are solid expectations of revenue and profit, which leads to demand of the stock.
That would mean something like NHS contract, firm Takeover offer etc.
Neither currently have that, trials and estimations mean nothing.
At best, keep an eye on them.
At this stage, its a pure gamble, nothing more.
As long as you know that, your money, your choice :)

Mate, I'm not knocking your choices or the companies involved.
Just pointing out a few things.

Supply and demand of stock is low.
No big IB interest based on transactions sizes (not checked holders though).
Both are still in cash burn phase - placings, no profit etc.

I can guarantee you the only things that make an AIM stock rocket
are solid expectations of revenue and profit, which leads to demand of the stock.
That would mean something like NHS contract, firm Takeover offer etc.
Neither currently have that, trials and estimations mean nothing.
At best, keep an eye on them.
At this stage, its a pure gamble, nothing more.
As long as you know that, your money, your choice :)

The stock could rocket. But it could plummet. Drugs are in trials so it's not a dead cert it will get approved. If it fails a trial that stock will dive. Don't just think of the upside - worry about the downside too.

It's all jam tomorrow.

I like BIOG - biotech growth trust - got a wide range of companies in it...

The Biotech Growth Trust PLC | Frostrow