U.s NFP later today

hello all ,

Clearly, and through trading in the Asian session , i think that today's NFB maybe weak or not strong enough .
so i suggest that take advantage and sell the CAD
some of my targets today (EURCAD 1.4080) & (USDCAD 1.0205)
good luck all .

Friday's upcoming NFP in context

Big day today as China's PBOC cuts bank's reserve requirements ratios, and coordinated action from western central banks re $ swap rate etc. ADP forecast for Friday's NFP comes in at +206k headline number versus +119k ish general forecast against +80k actual number last mth.

Eu ecofin meeting talking about beefing up EFSF (again) and 10 days to save the euro etc. With U.s NFP Friday...will a good number [ ie up near the ADP foreacast] see a 'risk on' apetite return and build on today's gains (at least for now ?)

Time will tell

G/L

Last edited:
Initial reaction to the monthly NFP data has been rather muted this year compared to previous. It seems the modus operandi is a quick jerk in 1 direction followed by a reversal, neither being very exciting for NFP news traders. Maybe with all the recent volatility we could see some really good move(s). Of course I may get what I wish for and then wish I didn't :eek:

Peter

Yeh, agree = it's not what it was at least on my favoured instrument - gbpusd.

G/L

Initial reaction to the monthly NFP data has been rather muted this year compared to previous. It seems the modus operandi is a quick jerk in 1 direction followed by a reversal, neither being very exciting for NFP news traders. Maybe with all the recent volatility we could see some really good move(s). Of course I may get what I wish for and then wish I didn't :eek:

Peter

Peter

came and went exactly as I stated. Overall, barely a fizzle. Not much to look forward to on NFP days anymore. There's a good chance some data may have been leaked about 2 hours earlier. There was better action then, nice quick move upward over a "rumor".

Have a nice weekend everyone.

Peter

Re: U.s NFP tmorrow - Friday 6th Jan 2012

First look this year as to the ability of U.s's so far lacklustre economic recovery to continue to generate jobs...Today's ADP Nfp forecast came in very high at +352k...With last month's @ +120k and the forecasts around +150k for this print, anything approaching that ADP forecast will see some market reaction. ADP don't have a good record at this, and anything can happen.

G/L

It's that of the month again...are you excited ? - Well, - it's generally not what it was...enough said.

G/L

I had a sneaking suspicion the numbers would disappoint. President Obama said that the Earth would split open and swallow us all up and that mad zombies would roam the streets eating innocent children and terrorist would run amok blowing up everything in their path if he didn’t get the spending increases he needed to prevent this all from happening. He is not going to let the economy embarrass him in front of his woman.

Carney Skirts Questions on Unfulfilled Sequester Warnings About Border Control Furloughs - YouTube