TwoWayFutures

Hi Phil

You are of course correct, however we are very strict on our margining. We offer exchange margins, and in doing so, are not allowing our clients to subject themselves to excess risk.

Trading £100 per point on the FTSE is basically a £580,000 position. Offering a margin of just £3000 for a position of this magnitude, is only 0.5% of the total position and in our opinion too low and perhaps a little dangerous, particularly for those who may not understand the risk fully. You only need a 30 point movement against you to be owing money. A 30 point movement is not a big move these days on the FTSE.

Low margins is not part of our business model. We want to help protect our clients and by offering the exchange margins, we hope to achieve this. Our margins are not that high...the same position with us on an intraday basis would mean £6500 initial margin.

We do not see that our initial deposit is too high. It should help to ensure your position is safer since you are less likely to be stopped on a margin call with a higher deposit. I do think that if the only trade off with us, where you are spreadbetting with the market, with no re-quotes is a higher minimum deposit, it is a small trade off to bear.

I hope this make sense.

Kind regards

Adrian Buthee
TwoWayFutures

Hi Adrian,

A couple of questions:

I see that you now also do IPE Oil. WIll you be doing Nymex oil (or any other open outcry traded future)?

Can stops and other orders be placed with you?

Do you offer any guaranteed type stops?

Thanks

visaria

Hi Visaria

Yes, we do offer IPE Brent Crude. We do not offer Nymex since it is an open outcry instrument. We only offer online traded futures and do not offer open outcry.

We offer stops, stop limits, OCOs, limits, market etc.

We will soon be interfacing with Ninja Trader too. There, our offering of trade types will increase. Please look here for more details. http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/index.htm

We do not offer guaranteed stops.

Kind regards

Adrian Buthee
TwoWayFutures

AB. Thanks for your reply. I appreciate that a £5000 deposit would be nothing for those trading £100 per point on the FTSE, but what about all those wimps (eg. me) who just want to put a quid or three on indices, or whatever, firstly because they want to get used to your platform, secondly because they know that 90% of spreadbetters lose? Surely you certainly don't need to start with £5K unless your minimum 'stake' is about £100 per point?

What sort of contracts sizes do you offer? Is it exactly identical to the respective futures contract on the underlying exchange? Or can you do £1, £2 etc a point like with other spreadbet firms?

Phil and Visaria

On the futures side, so indices, forex, commodities and bonds, we offer the exchange product and trade a number of lots rather than £ per point. One lot on the FTSE for example is £10 per point and the Dow is $5 per point...etc. All contract specifications can be found on our website, which I cannot show on here, but it is easily guessed.

For stocks, with us you trade on a £ per point basis. Our lowest if £1 per point, which is 100 shares in the UK and approx 175 shares in US.

In terms of getting used to the software...all you need to do is get your account papers back to us and we can get you a demo platform. You don't have to fund your account, but since we can only accept intermediate, experienced clients, all accounts have to be approved before we will do this. We will spend as hour or so taking you through the platforms till you are comfortable to have a play yourself.

Kind regards

Adrian Buthee
TwoWayFutures

Thanks. What are the spreads on indices compared with normal SB companies' 2pts DAX and FTSE, 4pts DOW, etc?

Phil Mibbutz said:
Thanks. What are the spreads on indices compared with normal SB companies' 2pts DAX and FTSE, 4pts DOW, etc?

Hi Phil

Well, the spread will depend on volume as detailed below. I also detail the normal market spread (NMS) on the futures contracts. the level 1 spread means RT spread, plus NMS.

FTSE NMS = 0.5
Max (under 250 lots) = 0.4 points per side
Min (Over 40,000 lots) = 0.045 points per side

Taken as a level 1, total spread = 1.3pts max - 0.59pts min

Dow NMS = 1
Max (under 250 lots) = 2 points per side
Min (Over 40,000 lots) = 0.18 points per side

Taken as a level 1, total spread = 5pts max - 1.36pts min

Dax NMS = 0.5
Max (under 250 lots) = 0.28 points per side
Min (Over 40,000 lots) = 0.03 points per side

Taken as a level 1, total spread = 1.06pts max - 0.56pts min

In fact the spreads can be even better than that since you can also work bids and offers. Our system is a price making system, not a price taking, so you can work a limit to buy at the bid price, rather that having to pay up to the offer. This will can cut your spreads down even further.

This is on the future and positions can be held till expiry of the particular contract traded. There is no daily bet, infact there is no such thing in the actual market. With us, you are trading onto the futures markets, not trading our quote, so the same contract specifications apply. Please take a look at the exchange websites or our website for this info.

Anyone can PM me if they would like a private quote for trading with us. Otherwise, a full rate card can be found on our site.

Kind regards

Adrian Buthee
TwoWayFutures

Thanks again, AB, but I still can't see why you need to deposit £5000 to trade if the minimum stake is equivalent to £1 per point on shares, £10pp on the FTSE?

Thanks for the info Adrian. I think you are quite expensive for someone who does small volume a month (compared to IB), but perhaps competitive for someone who does larger volumes. Admittedly, there is the tax advantages to consider. Will mull it over...

Hi there

We do not consider £5000 too much for experienced clients. Many CFD and Futures brokerages have at least a £10k minimum and our is just half that. You can give our platforms a try, we do have to get your account approved by compliance first, but you don't have to fund your account. You can see for yourself just how efficient our spreadbetting is.

We don't charge for data, nor do we charge an inactivity fee for traders. We are also offering you access to the futures markets, tax free. We believe our spread rates offer our clients cost efficient access to the futures markets, whether they are trading 5 or 50,000 lots a month.

Our phone support is excellent, particularly our dealing desk, who don't charge almost $50 a phone trade like some brokers. We charge just 50p per lot. Our phone execution is very fast and dealt with by extremely experienced dealers and brokers. Such execution is typically hard to find with online futures brokers. We have NO hidden charges.

Kind regards

Adrian Buthee
TwoWayFutures

adrianbuthee said:
Hi there

We do not consider £5000 too much for experienced clients. Many CFD and Futures brokerages have at least a £10k minimum and our is just half that. You can give our platforms a try, we do have to get your account approved by compliance first, but you don't have to fund your account. You can see for yourself just how efficient our spreadbetting is.

We don't charge for data, nor do we charge an inactivity fee for traders. We are also offering you access to the futures markets, tax free. We believe our spread rates offer our clients cost efficient access to the futures markets, whether they are trading 5 or 50,000 lots a month.

Our phone support is excellent, particularly our dealing desk, who don't charge almost $50 a phone trade like some brokers. We charge just 50p per lot. Our phone execution is very fast and dealt with by extremely experienced dealers and brokers. Such execution is typically hard to find with online futures brokers. We have NO hidden charges.

Kind regards

Adrian Buthee
TwoWayFutures
are all trades that are closed converted back to uk pounds on night that they are closed. for example mini dow .?

have been trading with fb for 1 month now. now i am up top full steam with software i am finding it highly profitable. account up nearly 40%. thanks to low spreads and real time futures.all imo.

adrianbuthee said:
As you say, we apply a spread to the underlying market, which is where we make our money. The amount of spread we charge is a function of volume...the more you trade, the cheaper it is. This spread is basically our commission.

In essence, you place the hedge for us in the underlying market. The spreadbet / derivative is then instantly allocated to your account at the new spreadbet price (Market Price +/- our commission spread). We take no proprietary positions.

The 1 point refers to the Normal Market Spread on the Mini Dow, traded on the CBOT. The fixed spread we charge generally varies between 1pt and 0.18pts, dependant on volume. You also have the benefit of working orders on the market, so buying on the bid and selling on the offer, which in reality, allows your spreads to be cut to almost nil.

I hope this clears this up.

We do have a seminar in London tonight if you fancy learning a bit more about us.

Adrian Buthee
TwoWayFutures
adrian
in the above you say, if i am not mistaken that the mini dow spread is 1point plus your com of between 1pt and 0.18pts making a max of 2points. am i correct.

JonnyT said:
Sorry but there web site says they are not regulated by the FSA...

Q. Is FuturesBetting.com regulated by a Regulatory Body?
A. Yes, FuturesBetting.com Ltd is regulated by the Financial Services Commission, Suite 943, Europort, Gibraltar, and licensed by the Government of Gibraltar to conduct financial spread betting.

This is straight off the web site, link: http://www.twowayfutures.com/twoway-futures-faq.htm

Please forward your registration number along with your license from the FSA and we can clear this matter up.

In the meantime I personally would not trade through them due to the risk of financial loss and that the status of spreadbetting outside of the UK is not known.

JonnyT
have you used cmc if so what is /was your experience

shorty said:
are twowayfutures still being used by anyone on T2W?

Yes, they are.

I find the platform excellent. They shouldn't be compared to other SB companies as you are effectively dealing straight into the Futures markets.