TS2000i Debug window not updating

Glenn

Experienced member
Hi all
I've been coding and testing and using the debug window in Power Editor to output some values on every tick. [e.g. Print(Time, High) ]
At first rows of values appear in the debug window as time passes, but then after a few minutes no more lines appear, so I never get enough values to check all my code. The chart carries on updating ok.
I've hunted around the web and the user manual but can't find any reasons for this.
Can anyone throw any light on this problem ?

Any advice much appreciated.
Glenn

Glenn said:
Hi all
I've been coding and testing and using the debug window in Power Editor to output some values on every tick. [e.g. Print(Time, High) ]
At first rows of values appear in the debug window as time passes, but then after a few minutes no more lines appear, so I never get enough values to check all my code. The chart carries on updating ok.
I've hunted around the web and the user manual but can't find any reasons for this.
Can anyone throw any light on this problem ?

Any advice much appreciated.
Glenn

Hi Glenn,

I have used EL in TS extensively (including the debug window) and have never had any problems like this. Can you please post the snippet of your code so we can see what you are trying to do. I think the issue may be with your code in terms of when and how often the code is executed. If we see the code portion we may be able tofigure out what is going on.
Cheers
paul

Zeos6 said:
Hi Glenn,

I have used EL in TS extensively (including the debug window) and have never had any problems like this. Can you please post the snippet of your code so we can see what you are trying to do. I think the issue may be with your code in terms of when and how often the code is executed. If we see the code portion we may be able tofigure out what is going on.
Cheers
paul

Hi Paul
Thank you for responding.
After reading your reply I checked how often the code is executed and I have found the problem.
I had put a couple of End; statements in the wrong place, so that the print statement wasn't executed on every tick.
Thanks again :)
Cheers
Glenn

Glenn said:
Hi Paul
Thank you for responding.
After reading your reply I checked how often the code is executed and I have found the problem.
I had put a couple of End; statements in the wrong place, so that the print statement wasn't executed on every tick.
Thanks again :)
Cheers
Glenn

Glad it worked out Glen.
Cheers
Paul