ts 8 + owndata + esignal

[Ger]god_mode_trade

hallo,

im interested in using tradestation 8 and esignal with owndata...

atm i use ts2000i and i think its time to change the platform. corrupted workspaces and randomly gs crashs are not really funny.

but i have some doubts about how useful this will be:

when i want a forex realtime chart on the ts2ki platform then i have to plot a tickdata chart. the problem comes up if u want a daily, weekly and monthly realtime forex chart. i dont have them right now because the global server takes too long. a 5month daily chart takes A LOT OF TIME.

the esignal software needs for 20 years of a monthly forex realtime chart about2 seconds. the esignal software simply loads only the datas really needed and seems to be able to combine different kinds of datas in one chart.

the question is now, how comfortable will ts 8 work with owndata? can it reach the esignal performance or is it wide behind it? it wont work of course, if i still need the whole time span as tickdatas to be able to plot a forex realtime chart.

it would be really nice to be able to do the same with ts 8 and owndata. but i dont know anybody using this setup and so i have to use the forums.

pls let me know ur experience with owndata+ ts 8 @ esignal forex datas or make a quick test if possible. also ur computersystem would be nice to know.

KING regards

All owndata has produced for me to date is system crashes. I tried pulling esignal daa into Multicharts and applying EL strategies and this was far more successful s I am going down this route for now. Unfortunately it is not as easy as just importing all the ts el files, they need a little tweaking.

thank u for ur replay....at least one :)

because im not using multicharts ur answer is interesting but really doesnt help so far. only the system crashs on ur pc sound bad but there should be a lot of people out there dont having this problem, at least i hope so.

let me ask once more my question: are u able to chart 10 years monthly forex charts in realtime in 5 seconds or not?

and let me ask u another question: what do u mean with tweaking the el files? ts 8 has problems with them or the multicharts?

i would really appreciate to get a clear answer....i have to know if it will work or not. in a borderline case i have to program my el indicators in java... and that isnt funny. :cry:

I am not sure why owndata crashes, it could be that it is not compatible with last few versions of ts8 but I have tried re-install and downloaded latest version of owndata with no success. You may do better tssupport offer owndata on a monthly subscription.
Multicharts is a charting package by the same people who offer owndata and this is able to pull in all esignal data. I assume it uses the same method as owndata does to extract the data from esignal. As for how much data can be pulled in, this is dependent on how much data is available from esignal, suggest you check with them.
Reason for tweaking the el files in multicharts is that the function library is not as complete as that for tradestation and some of the function calls and chart graphics which I have writen in system code for TS cannot be displayed in multicharts.

ok....didnt know, that multichart is a chartingsoftware... thought its an owndata feature i dont need....

unfortunately u cant answer my question. :) but thk u anyway

Last edited:
thank u...due to the rare responce in the forums i have decided to open the testaccount now. its more fussily but is the last possibility.

good luck to u too and more important have success due to u know what u are doing ;)