TS 2000i Problem

cprexcel

2 0
I'm trying to finalize the signal in a strategy so that I can optimize a few variables. However, my strategy is based on entering and exiting the market same day. Always enter at the OPEN - and either exit at the CLOSE - or a calculated exit point based on where the Open is at (i.e OPEN minus a variable establishes the STOP exit point). As you know - can't do a STOP with TS on the same bar as the entry - has to be the next bar. The "SETSTOPLOSS" could be an option - but you have to put in a hard number (e.g. 400) - and it won't accept a variable - even though the value is always numeric.

Anyone have any other ideas?

cprexcel

2 0
Disregard earlier post. I had a negative number which screwed things up a bit. However, the SetStopLoss still doesn't appear to be operating correctly as it seems to post when it shouldn't. Example - even if the potential loss (Open - Low)*BigPointValue is half of the setting for SetStopLoss - it still kicks in - and a MarketPosition is never posted. Very strange ...

Last edited:

BigPointValue

26 1
This problem was fixed in version 8.1 of Tradestation with a method known as Intrabar Order Generation.

Prior to that (i.e. in 2000i) it was not possible to buy at the open and sell on a stop within the same bar.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock