Trying to understand the markets better

tomhunter

Hello

Ive started watching the markets to try and get a better understanding of them and ive come up with a few questions which i can't seem to find the answer to.

When looking into the various indicators I found information which talked about leading and lagging indicators (oscillators and momentum indicators) but didn't in the same article make reference to indicators which provided levels of support and resistance such as fibonacci.

Are tools which provide support and resiatance levels classed and indicators? Do they fit into one of the oscillators or momentum indicator categories or are they totally different.

I came to the conclusion that oscillators or momentum indicator are indicators based on trends whereas support and resistance indicators are different.

Can these 2 types of indicators be used together for example, when a trend is reversing will it often be reversing from a support/resitance level
and therefore the use of trend indicators (oscillators and momentum indicators)can be
integrated with the use of indicators shwoing support and resiatnce levels.

Is there different types of technical trading, trying to indentify and confirm trends
and trying to trade between support and resistance levels?

Or is it the case that people use indicators to identify trends and use indicators
to look at support and resiatnce points to find good entry and exits?

Thank You
Best Regards
All help greatly appreciated
I know its tons of questions i just can't find a better way to answer this quite specific question.