TrendSignal

Hi guys:
Just To let u know that I have just bought trendsignal and the guys Sound really honest and helpful.Just got it two days now and am waiting for their guy to walk me through the sysytem setup etc. The only downside is that when u phone they are quite busy as they are trading.I have no hesitation in recommending them.

Been trading now with the trendsignal and must say its the dogs bollocks.brilliant tradimng so fat and even gives areas to place stoploss etc.The setting up was very helpful aswell.These guys mean the biz. I am very happy with it and have no hesitation in recommending them. Also there is a planned update to follow in the next few weeks.

Zarif,
Can you quantify "dogs b..ll....ks" a little...that is , number of trades to date,win ratio,win/loss %, max drawdown ? The more of this you can give the better it allows us reading to benefit from your experience. I appreciate quantifying takes more time than "dogsb...ll...ks",but your time will surely be appreciated by the BB...

Cheers

Zarif,

I see you are in Cheshire, I too live in Cheshire (Altrincham) any chance I can talk with you regarding Trendsignal?

Thanks

What package did you buy? The £1000 one or the £3000 one? Do they both use the exact same strategy even though one is for Day trading whereas the other one is for people with less time?

What is the difference in these two systems then?

Appreciate some info,
Thanks

Jetheat the EOD is set at Daily frequency whereas with the intraday package one can alter the frequency as desired. The Trendsignal people do suggest using 5min and 15min charts for intraday purposes. 15 min chart as backup confirmation that one is trading in the right direction, 5min is usually used for entry.

Maybe the guys can comment as well on how they use it.

HTH

Anmol

Hi,

Can any Trendsignal user post a more recent screen shot
of either ES or YM ?

as I would be interested to compare it to somr Tradestation studies.

Thanks Ian

Do u mean that the difference between the £1000 and £3000 programs are the charts they use.
Hell, I could use charts of the Internet for free.
I'm sure this isn't the only difference, so can anyone shed some light?

Jetheat, you have the wrong end of the stick, let me explain. The support resistance lines, trendsignal momentum indicator, is calculated specifically using trendsignal mathmatical formulae.

You may get free charts off the internet but the mathmatical formulae that works out the s/r levels,etc won't be provided.

If you want further information, you really need to speak to the trendsignal people.

HTH

ok, I understand now, but I'm wondering:-

They explain their formula (I hope) in the manual which is received with the package.
After you've read it, then there is no need for their charts or Data Feed service which costs $39 / month.

Is this a valid assumption?

no, it's not.

Trendsignal is an Ensign windows "library extension" so to speak. They do not write the application. The trendsignal is implemented as an Ensign windows chart study. This way they do not have to support the charting application.

You can download ensign windows for free, and it will have its own license number. The application will expire after 7 days of use. If you wish to use it after this period they charge $39.95 a month. The application has a send card details dialog to do this.

With ensign windows when you download data it's off esignal and to its own format.

And no trendsignal do not give away their formula. If you want it you have to pay for the Ensign Chart study extension library that they provide.

OK, I only got half of what you were saying there.
What exactly is an Ensign windows "library extension" and Ensign Chart study extension library?

if the secret formula is contained within the above, then is this included in the £1000 package or do you have to buy it separately?

If it's separate, does this mean that you cannot trade without using their chart subscription as that would contain the buy/sell signals etc..

Appreciate any clear up here.

here's how it works.

Ensign windows is a charting application that you subscribe to. For the end of day version it will cost you $39.95 a month. If you don't pay you can't download the end of day data and it feeds off a supplier called esignal.

I believe Ensign is a very stable and mature application. Like Omnitrader you can have a SDK (software development kit) for it. This allows third parties to bolt on their own chart study extensions. A bit like Metastock if you know what I mean. For example the MetaStock application does not have Elliot Wave analysis tool or Bollinger bands indicator, but they are available as a plug in, which you have to pay for.

For trendsignal you get this plugin file. When you run Ensign you click on the chart study and it applies the trendsignal formula and look. This way any problems with Ensign windows application you refer to Ensign.

Thanks, that was very helpfil in understanding.

If Trendsignal actually show me the formula in their manual, then what's to stop me getting any old chart of the net and applying the formula to it.
Why do I need Ensign Windows or any other application if the secret is revealed in their book (That's if it is)?

It's their own propriertory indicator, of course they are not going to reveal it to you.

All the booklet says is how to use it and that it takes experience. Some will probably fail in using it and others will succeed. It is not and never will be the holy grail.

The trendsignal is supplied as an Ensign windows plugin, so you have to have Ensign windows to run it.

Would they reveal the formula if you paid them to let you in on the secret? Or do they have another package which reveals the secret within its features?

Go talk to tradertim, he is savvy when it comes to the components of Trendsignal. Here is what he says:-

TrendSignal`s main bands appear to be Keltner channels (which are based on volatility). See www.arbtrading.com/keltner.htm for calculation & interpretation. TrendSignal`s intermediate bands seem to be set halfway inbetween the central moving average & outer channels.

The TrendSignal trendline, in the separate box below the main chart, appears to be a momentum oscillator.

The horizontal support & resistance lines seem to be drawn from (the centre of?) recent candlestick reversal points.

So in other words, get yourself a system with keltner channels,
use candelsticks and a momentum oscillator and you've nearly got Trendsignal at a fraction of their £3.5K price. Incidentally, does anyone know which system uses keltner channels?

Thanks

Cashtrader