TrendSignal

It would only be unfair if you had got the information from TS or someone who has been entrusted with the information from them. Otherwise all is fair in my view.

Paul

Does anyone think I should remove my description/interpretation of the trendsignal graphs on the basis that it's unfair on the trendsignal guys ?

Have you asked the people from Trendsignal? If they consent it seems to me there can be no difficulty. If they don't consent then I have no idea what the position may be. I doubt fairness has much to do with it - you possibly should consider the legalities.

HTH

LII

Porks said:
Hi,

Does anyone think I should remove my description/interpretation of the trendsignal graphs on the basis that it's unfair on the trendsignal guys ?

Porks

Hi Porks,
I am not a beneficiary of ur little "gem" coz u might as well have typed it in swahili for all that I understood of it, but if ~ as previously stated on this thread ~ they were only selling 200/250 copies and all have been sold then where is the conflict? The TS ppl obviously read this thread and have contributed other responses since ur post, so one could assume that if they had a problem with it they would have either commented upon it, or asked for it to be deleted either via pm to urself or via a moderator. Maybe they cannot "complain" if it's not an exact clone.....
I would leave it where it is ;)

As a fellow developer I'm know that its difficult to copyright a trading system.

You can have a Non disclosure clause that will hold up in court and could result in substantial damages though.

If Porks hasn't bought the software then I think there is absolutely nothing TrendSignal could do.

Besides they just made £500,000 haven't they?

JonnyT

does anyone think they are only going to sell 200 odd copies or its just a ruse to make ppl think they've got to get in there quick.

limiting the numbers of copies sold just seems bizzare to me.

andrewmooton said:
does anyone think they are only going to sell 200 odd copies or its just a ruse to make ppl think they've got to get in there quick.

limiting the numbers of copies sold just seems bizzare to me.
Limiting copies is far from bizzare.

You do get to a point when everyone is doing the same thing then others will trade sucessfully against it.

However it's also a great marketing ploy.

JonnyT

i visited their offices a couple of weeks ago for a demonstration&i bought the intra day version,i think the reason that they are limiting the number sold is because they are continually fielding enquiries re the software which is interfering with their own trading which they claim they make more money at than selling the software
JonnyT said:
Limiting copies is far from bizzare.

You do get to a point when everyone is doing the same thing then others will trade sucessfully against it.

However it's also a great marketing ploy.

JonnyT

watsone21 said:
i visited their offices a couple of weeks ago for a demonstration&i bought the intra day version,i think the reason that they are limiting the number sold is because they are continually fielding enquiries re the software which is interfering with their own trading which they claim they make more money at than selling the software

They are bloody good traders trading very large size then if they can make more than £500K in a few months trading.

JonnyT

Jerry used to be a director of a brokerage called Newbridge, based in Hatton Garden.

Jerry is part of TwoWayTrade - the brokers
TrendSignal is a seperate company that shares the office with TWT
Just to complicate things there is now TwoWayFutures which is the furtures brokerage - they have a TrendSignal chat room where you can see live TS charts
So the trensignal guys are not brokers-there are 2 seperate companies.
TwoWayTrade give advice to their clients and use TrendSignal as there analysis software.

Hi All

Porks - I agree with the general consensus re not pulling your comments....I got the info pack from TS myself and looking at their examples it was clear what certain key indicators were used.....its just the settings/sensitivities that are needed with appropriate timing guidelines (aint that the Grail !!!)

also theres another post in the threads somewhere (cant find it at moment !) that was just as explicit as yours mentioning Bollinger-Fibo Bands + Keltner bands using a 2/3 Standard deviation system, with even a chart posted using Software Visual trader from CMS-Forex.....as an example

As I learn more I realise that there are genuine systems/strategies out there making serious money at the right times/cycles......its just us, the human link that provides the problem !!

Regards
NVP

re: Trendsignal like setup for Ensign

Thanks for your input guys.

I'll assume that since the trendsignal guys haven't asked me to remove the post, they're not bothered. However if in the furture they request it be removed, I will oblige them.

I get the feeling that this is a minor project which is a short-term sideline to their main business of trading.

Best of luck to them,

Porks

Trendsignal

I am interested, before purchasing Trendsignal, to hear from others who have purchased the product with their thoughts on its performance. It isn't inexpensive but worth the money if it does what it was built to do. I know currently of one member who is very impressed by the system and is profitable consistently. As I say, I am interested in the views of those who have actually purchased the product. Thanks.

Sean

Tony,

Yes, there are many posts which mention trendsignal, but from memory I cannot think of many where members have actually purchased and used the software, apart from the member with whom I am in touch by PM. I remember too that I was reading about trendsignal in one of the threads when it evolved into a discussion on horse race spreadbetting systems. It's really the first-hand accounts of using trendsignal and members' personal appraisals of the product having used it that I'm after.

Sean

Fair comment Sean. The (few) posts I've looked at on the topic are none too confirmatory or otherwise.