Trend On a Daily Chart

roshannaidu

Hi,

How can one determine the trend on a daily chart ? apart from basic visual I want a more accurate and repeatable way. i am interested in more or less the last twenty days on any particular chart.

Thanks in advance

Look at the moving average that should show you the trend

Hi,

How can one determine the trend on a daily chart ? apart from basic visual I want a more accurate and repeatable way. i am interested in more or less the last twenty days on any particular chart.

Thanks in advance

Rising trends across the bottoms, falling trends across the tops. The more points that bounce off the line, the more accurate the trend is, so I've heard.

I use eyesight, myself, it's quicker.

I don't do Forex but, as an example of a good one, take a look at the daily SP500 from the July low.

Split

Hi,

Thanks in advance

Trend in lower time frame is born when the higher time frame gets OB or OS,,

Example.. If the weekly chart is OS then a NEW trend to UP SIDE is born on the Daily chart. IN another word Weekly chart getting OS should lead to Daily Chat gaining momentum and hence the trend,

Hope this helps

Grey1

A balanced Market begins with the end of a trend.
Each succeeding day adds to the balance until a new trend begins.
The trend beginning is observed as a breakout from the balanced distribution.
The trader must be prepared for either a trending or congesting market.
Markets tend to run and pause in all time frames.
Starting from a balance, a market will test the balance limit, then breakout starting a trend.
Then the trend slows, testing the propensity to continue the movement.
Finally, the next balance forms. And so it goes as long as the market exists.