Transferring a file from PC to Android

TexasRangersFan

I have some meditation recordings on my laptop that I wanted to move to my cell phone- Android

I tried to download an app called ES and it shows I downloaded it on Google Play but it doesn't show up on my app list.

Then I moved all the recordings to windows player and put them in the library.

I had a USB cable running from my laptop to my smartphone and I copied them to my phone. I know they are in the phone because my total memory consumed went up about 1.25 GB.

But I can't find the things anywhere on my phone......they are not found under APPS, Documents, Sheets and Downloads.

Anywhere and everywhere I could possible think it could be. I thought that it would have been found in Documents or the APP list.

Where can I find it?

Thanks

It will depend where on your phone your transferred them to and should probably have been moved to a directory called "Music" which can be a sub-directory of "sdcard" or possibly a sub-directory of "Media" Either way I would try to transfer them to that location and they should appear.

upload them to a google drive account.
log on to same drive account on your smartphone.
They should appear in your google drive list of files.
You can play them from there.

Peter

It will depend where on your phone your transferred them to and should probably have been moved to a directory called "Music" which can be a sub-directory of "sdcard" or possibly a sub-directory of "Media" Either way I would try to transfer them to that location and they should appear.

I don't have a SC card on this phone but I still can't find them.

It's frustrating, they have to be somewhere......lol.

OK so when you connected your pc and your phone and transferred the files what was showing on the screen at the time ? If there was an icon for your phone did you click on it and expand the view to show subdirectories ?

It may be worth reconnecting your phone to your pc and you should be able to see the file locations on your phone from your pc then I suggest you move them to the Music subdirectory. Or delete them from your phone using your pc and then expand the directory view of your phone from your pc until you find the media / music subdirectory and transfer again from your pc to that directory.

OK so when you connected your pc and your phone and transferred the files what was showing on the screen at the time ? If there was an icon for your phone did you click on it and expand the view to show subdirectories ?

It may be worth reconnecting your phone to your pc and you should be able to see the file locations on your phone from your pc then I suggest you move them to the Music subdirectory. Or delete them from your phone using your pc and then expand the directory view of your phone from your pc until you find the media / music subdirectory and transfer again from your pc to that directory.

When I tap the phone to hit subdirectories it just shows the internal storage....6.25 of 12.5 available.

And I have the Marshmallow update, so it's not like I am running an old OS.

I found an Android site called Phandroid and I posted the quetion there, maybe they can help me.

I am getting a new Iphone7 this week. I hope the transition is smoother for me.

But my little problem has become an enigma that needs to be figured out by me.

Thanks.

It's not on the phone that I am referring to, when you connect your phone to your PC and open up a file manager such as explorer, what do you see on your PC for your phone ? if you double click on the phone icon on your PC what do you see then ?