Trainee Broker wants advice from experienced traders

matt1979

Calling all Capitalists.

Simply. Economics grad working at brokers in North. taken 3 IAQ eams, studying for cert in securities then approved.

Skills: technical analysis of FTSE 100 and constituents. (Rather basic) fundamental analysis of UK sectors. Sipp administration. Much client contact - assistance in corp actions, news flow, market movers.

BUT, not really interested in managing portfolios. Currencies and equity derivatives are what I want to get into.

Simply - HOW?

Thank you in advance.

matt1979 said:
Calling all Capitalists.

Simply. Economics grad working at brokers in North. taken 3 IAQ eams, studying for cert in securities then approved.

Skills: technical analysis of FTSE 100 and constituents. (Rather basic) fundamental analysis of UK sectors. Sipp administration. Much client contact - assistance in corp actions, news flow, market movers.

BUT, not really interested in managing portfolios. Currencies and equity derivatives are what I want to get into.

Simply - HOW?

Thank you in advance.

How much do you know about equity derivatives?

Move to London.and join all the other miserable brokers who work a 55 hour week. Do you want to be a broker or a trader? I know what I'd rather be.

Thanks for the replies.

No, I don't know a great deal about derivatives but I understand the underlying. Where can I learn about them? Or rather who will pay me to learn about them?

Skills: technical analysis of FTSE 100 and constituents. (Rather basic) fundamental analysis of UK sectors. Sipp administration. Much client contact - assistance in corp actions, news flow, market movers

You will need to reverse the emphasis of your skill set if you wish to move into derivatives.
Technical analysis is of absolutely no use to you. Mathematics degree and related skills are the primary requirements.

Cheers d998