TradingView Charts

timsk

Legendary member
Help, please!
Can anyone help me with a minor - but irritating problem (to me) - regarding TradingView charts. The chart below shows price with a moving average (MA) 'on top' of the price. I want the MA to go behind price but, for the life of me, I can't work out how to do it! It's always been possible on every other platform that I've used, but I can't work out how to do it in TradingView. Ideas anyone?
Thanks in advance,
Tim.

chart.png

is it the coding on that particular MA? Is it a 'special 'MA from the public library? I just opened a chart in tradingview and added a MA, and the MA is behind price

Click the ma detail in chart headline click on the three little dots click on “visual order” click “send to back”

Thanks for the replies.
The MA is a Hull MA and is 'built-in' to the list of indicators.
I wonder if it's something to do with the MA's settings? Under Style ---> Precision ---> Default there's a drop down menu with a bunch of numbers which don't appear to do anything and I can't work out what they're for?

Jon, I followed your advice but, sadly, the send to front/back options make no difference! Thinking that - as lexcorp suggests - that it might be something to do with the coding of the Hull MA - I tried a 'normal' simple moving average instead - but to no avail. The only other thing that I can think of is that I'm using the free version of the platform and that perhaps this facility is only available to those with paid subscriptions?

Anyway, thanks again for your help chaps - let me know if you have any other suggestions.
Tim.

Thanks for the replies.
The MA is a Hull MA and is 'built-in' to the list of indicators.
I wonder if it's something to do with the MA's settings? Under Style ---> Precision ---> Default there's a drop down menu with a bunch of numbers which don't appear to do anything and I can't work out what they're for?

Jon, I followed your advice but, sadly, the send to front/back options make no difference! Thinking that - as lexcorp suggests - that it might be something to do with the coding of the Hull MA - I tried a 'normal' simple moving average instead - but to no avail. The only other thing that I can think of is that I'm using the free version of the platform and that perhaps this facility is only available to those with paid subscriptions?

Anyway, thanks again for your help chaps - let me know if you have any other suggestions.
Tim.

Tim

I don’t use it much but it’s the free version too. When you go back to chart after tapping “send to back” the ma is still in front but with little white circles along it. Tap the ma line and the circles disappear and the ma goes behind price. Leastways that’s what happens with mine.

Still no joy Jon - but thank you for your input. I'm using a Chromebook - prolly something to do with that!
Tim.