Trading the markets with Alan Rich.

Chicken Curry said:
New traders should heed Richard's words carefully because the above quotes really do say it all.

The technical aspects of trading are the easy parts.

You need to add the above attributes before you can hope to be successful.

For me the discipline thing has been the hardest part - correcting a lifetime of undisciplined, arrogant behaviour has not come easily. :eek:

sounds just like me ChickenCurry, we must be related. :)

dvdh,

great post!
But Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
just tried the link and i get

Error 403
toegang geweigerd

De datalimiet van deze homepage is voor vandaag overschreden. De pagina zal na middernacht weer beschikbaar zijn.

U wordt na 5 seconden doorgestuurd naar de homepage van Wanadoo.

:rolleyes:

samtron,
It means too many people have logged on to that homepage today so try after mid night
Richard

rols said:
Hi Dave

Just listened to the clip.

He sounds like Road Runner on speed!

Does it become more intelligible with practise I wonder or is there a possibility that some may be driven completely bonkers by it?

I agree that we should use as many of our senses as possible to trade with and I have a little midi app that plays price action on futures. Perhaps I might try both together...

All the best
yeah. You'll understand it when you listen to it for a while. If you take a trial, there's a small manual on the members area that'll expalin what he says.

-Dave.

samtron said:
dvdh,

great post!
But Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
just tried the link and i get

Error 403
toegang geweigerd

De datalimiet van deze homepage is voor vandaag overschreden. De pagina zal na middernacht weer beschikbaar zijn.

U wordt na 5 seconden doorgestuurd naar de homepage van Wanadoo.

:rolleyes:
Sorry Samtron,

it's a pretty big file, and I guess my provider's server can't handle it. Or I don't have the right subscription for it. But it'll work again after midnight, as mr. charts said. You speak dutch richard?

-Dave.

When I read,
"De pagina zal na middernacht "
I first thought the "workers" in a certain area of Amsterdam were working to rule and only available after mid night before I realised the "p" was for page......;-)
Richard

Mr. Charts said:
When I read,
"De pagina zal na middernacht "
I first thought the "workers" in a certain area of Amsterdam were working to rule and only available after mid night before I realised the "p" was for page......;-)
Richard
Funny. LOL.
It's working again after midnight!

-Dave.

I hope some of you guys got the HOT stocks moves on DELL, ,VLO and NEM and the easy peasy momentum moves on RMBS and that beauty RIMM
No brainers the lot of them !
Don't you just love the markets and the opportunitiies on stocks - and when all with the Dow, Nasdaq and S&P futures are flat !
Richard

And of course if you miss the fallers, you look for them to set up to bounce and all the other patterns.
Rather nice 63c bounce move for me on AZPN
This business is NOT rocket science, advanced mathematics, sophisticated software or "magic" formulae or indicators. People search for those all their trading lives and many enjoy the journey - that's ok, but you need to arrive.
In my humble opinion YOU NEED TO CUT TO THE CHASE.
It's all about UNDERSTANDING THE MARKETS AND YOURSELF AND ACTUALLY TRADING AND ALWAYS BEING IN CONTROL OF YOURSELF AND NEVER ALLOW YOURSELF TO BE WEAK OR SLOPPY IN WHAT YOU DO.
That's it.
No big deal.
If I can do it, anyone can.
Have a good weekend,
Richard

PS All in my opinion, of course, FWTW :)

Last edited:
........oh yes, another thing; always be humble. Never think just because you have had a good run that you know it all. You don't. Never become bloated with over weening pride and arrogance, if you do and don't learn the lesson PDQ, you will just crash and burn like so many before you. Cooked dead meat for some of the REAL traders on this thread.........sounds harsh?
Get real while you've still got some capital left.......
Richard

samuelhogg said:
Any chance of putting the file on http://www.rapidshare.de/

I'll be in bed at midnight and don't want to miss out.

Cheers

It doesn't have to be at midnight or sleep-time, I think it just means that the daily limit for today has been exceeded, so I would think any-time, early in the day, tomorrow should be ok. :)

Mr. Charts said:
........oh yes, another thing; always be humble. Never think just because you have had a good run that you know it all. You don't. Never become bloated with over weening pride and arrogance, if you do and don't learn the lesson PDQ, you will just crash and burn like so many before you. Cooked dead meat for some of the REAL traders on this thread.........Richard
Very true words Richard. It's quite clear that some traders end up doing it to themselves.

Mr. Charts said:
........oh yes, another thing; always be humble. Never think just because you have had a good run that you know it all. You don't. Never become bloated with over weening pride and arrogance, if you do and don't learn the lesson PDQ, you will just crash and burn like so many before you. Cooked dead meat for some of the REAL traders on this thread.........sounds harsh?
Get real while you've still got some capital left.......
Richard
Are you really from the south of England or a flower bedecked, unshorn chap from the West coast of the land on the western side of the Atlantic ocean?

HOT HOT HOT Bro or as the Prince of Wales might say "dig that crazy rythm".

Be humble man.

Who are the REAL traders please?

I showed a short trade on TIE at its highs, just over a week a go along with my intra day, account entry and exit. I thought thread readers would like to see how it progressed on its fall from that high.

Looking and focusing on hot stocks has the benefit they can be traded nicely in different time frames.

The day trader can grab his/her days money quite quickly but the astute swing trader can use hot stocks for multi day moves. TIE was one such stock helped both types of traders out. In fact i think day traders can unearth some real swing trading gems from the hot stocks they follow.

Alan

Attachments

• tie10.gif
    tie10.gif
    18.4 KB · Views: 199