Trading the Gaps

stoped out. good to see u still kicking!

i was be able to reduce risk a bit but we didnt close the gap so out of trade. however, gap downs to close the gap has been working extremely well. i will take the trade everyday and twice on sunday. :)

Great job! Must have sweated bullets for a bit during the first half hour, but otherwise a solid stop could not be threatened today. I did not have patience to hang on for any but my first target today, to my dismay as the market soared 10+ points.

sweated like bullets? nah.. i was relaxed like I was on a beach chair infront of ocean sipping a corona....funny isnt it? after all the test I have ran and having a math behind it, doesnt help to myself become as "in total control of feelings" however, it helps to control unnecessary trigger pull.

Having a larger stop didnt hurt either...today that is:)
thanks

had sell order @86.75. never touched it and closed gap. profit potential too small to chase it. it should be fun over here. broke 7th high by a tick...

OK, I'm out of this as it is quite a big rally on the daily chart that I have attached.

Quick fill there for 8,500 ticks.

Attachments

• crude.gif
    crude.gif
    20.4 KB · Views: 223
stoped out. thought market had a good chance to see red today...when optimism is running high...

WTG!. nice to see u bank profits in! of cource, me being a pig, could not do that:)

Last edited:
Does anyone trade gap fills on the Bund, just looking back very quickly shows that it tends to fill quite often.

Been a while since posting regularly. Gaps were precarious this week. Two-pointers yesterday and today. On a non-gap note, nice bounce-off from R1 today, caught a 5pt short play from 1210.50.

:) Absolutely agree. Hopefully the fact that I do not have a system for sale or any other motives grants me a bit of a reprieve from cynicism. Plus, its been a handful of days, not enough time for me to report stops--I usually have one to two stops a week, so that will be fun (Not, in Borat's words :)). In fact, I have a spreadsheet I posted at the beginning of this thread that goes back to September, and that has quite a bit of stops in it.

Where is the spreadsheet that goes back to September? The only one I can find goes back to January.

Thanks