Trading the ES (E mini S&P) November 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

stoploss please

Established member
Hi all

I am back from my hols but a bit worse for wear. Too much booze and my digestive system has these strange urge for ribs, corn bread and refried beans. I am in need for fresh fruit and veg as this seemed to be a swear word for some reason in Texas. Anyway, the new thread starts here. Lets start contributing.

Cheers
Andy

Stoploss, u shud've crossed Mexican border mate :) I'd have picked u up in Mehhico... there r plenty of all sorts of fruit round here.... :)

Hello China

Not sure we are talking about the same type of fruit but next time I am down there, I will take you up on your offer.

11:35 top on 04 November

Stoploss, hope u don't minf if I kick-off the November battle log :cheesy:

An important note here which I reckon will be useful to everyone and which clearly manifested itself today at 11:35 in a rather tricky price action when a preceeding triangle was clearly B/O.

U get the STRONGEST possible trade signal from tick divs when ideally u 1) have MACD div against both TICK and its 3 ma; and right after that 2) u have TICK div (both pulse-wise and 3 ma) against price. In reality, this may be happening at the same time, e.g: higher MACD + equal TICK + lower ES. Or some divs may be pronounced on 3 ma and be short of a "proper" divergence on pulses.

So - at 11:35 today we had a clear B/O from preceeding tri, BUT an almost perfect set-up of MACD neg div and following TICK neg div. A tricky situation - but a clear short signal.

The rest of the day quite str8-4ward if u compose the TICK graph below against price action.

Attachments

• tick0411.jpg
    tick0411.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 1,443
Todays action

My first day back at my desk and finding it hard to get back into it but this is what I have.

Attachments

• dow 5min69.png
    dow 5min69.png
    25.8 KB · Views: 1,418
Stoploss, by that time I'll be back to London and will be craving for same fruit and veg...... :)

Just starting with IB using Tsim+ to enter my orders. Using the 5 min or 10min chart, do you use stop and limit orders to enter trades? If so, how many points above or below the entry point on the chart is it best to place the orders. I gave up using stop and limit orders when spread betting but it looks like a good option with IB.

BB
You should use stop losses.
Don't forget on TSIM you can practice via the "simulated" mode

I put on a stop after entering a trade, I was asking about using stops and limit orders to enter the trade. It wasn't possible to do this with spread betting as the orders got triggered before they should have been.

Todays action

Well, I have had my head in the books again. I am trying to get my head around Elliot Wave. I am finding it rather subjective. Anyway, I did not see that 3 pm reversal until after it happened. The long was nice and easy. Skim you are right about not getting too glued to the screen. Anyway, back to EW. I assume what I have posted is a load of tosh as I cannot make head not tail of what he is talking about.

Attachments

• dow 5min70.png
    dow 5min70.png
    29.7 KB · Views: 1,164
Chart question

Hi,

Is that a 10 min ES`Z chart from yesterday? My Sierra/Mytrack chart shows differences in both price and volume. Just wondering if there is a problem with the Mytrack data. Which package are you using?

Will

Attachments

• es`z.gif
    es`z.gif
    16.2 KB · Views: 1,067
Todays entry

My data feed is from ESignal. Not sure why your data should differ.

Getting back into it today but still baffled my EW. I suppose we got our ABC but I still find it very subjective.

Attachments

• dow 5min71.png
    dow 5min71.png
    27 KB · Views: 1,038
tykoon,

Checked your 10m chart from yesterday against mine since I've just swapped over (again.....) to MyTrack. My chart and volume agrees exactly with the one Stoploss put up.

I don't use Sierra however, so I would suggest your differences are connected to that rather than MyTrack. Looks like you are missing a few ticks here and there.

Does Sierra store the data from MyTrack locally? If so, you may need to refresh your price data from yesterday.

Neil

Your right. I have a base set in at 16.00 and a high of 1047.75. The entry would have happened at 16.40 on the fourth bar.

I hope that makes sense.

Re: For neil

stoploss please said:
Here you go mate

Thank you sir - you're a gent ( Iwas looking at the minor low just after 20.00hrs)

Clearly you are looking at major hi/lo's

:D

Tick 07-11

Stoploss,

I cudnt append a graph to my msg to u. Pls find it here.

Attachments

• tick0711.jpg
    tick0711.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 786
some analogies

Lads/lasses

was not sure if i shud post this graph here. pls accept my apologies if u find it beyond the topic of this thread.

look at the yr of 1933. Final trough in the early months, strong rally thru the summertime, and staying at end-of-summer levels until the end of that yr, w/o any Xmas gifts :cheesy: WHAT I FIND EVEN MORE STRIKING is that Dow stayed at the same levels thru-out the next yr (1934) and started rallying only in 1935, more than a full yr after all the favourable political and economic packages had bn introduced.

Surprised volatilities have been behaving strangely lately dipping to mid 10s? Not that odd looking at this historical chart.....

However, even tho history repeats itself, it does not do so in such a manner as to make historians rich...... :cheesy:

Attachments

• dj30-39.bmp
    188.4 KB · Views: 250
Status
Not open for further replies.