Trading the Easy Way - Ian Williams

bodhipolitic

Has anyone procured this nice'n'easy guide?

It originates from the House of Streetwise, and will soon be £400, but to you - £149!

However, I'm still curious - if only I could rid myself of the HOG virus!

whenever I have had my guard down and been duped by streetwise mailshots into actually buying any of their books I have always been dissappointed... although to be fair they do very often have money back guarantees that I have availed myself of several times.

Arial
bodhipolitic said:

It originates from the House of Streetwise, and will soon be £400, but to you - £149!

Yes. Bought it in September. as total beginner. Worked hard at the excellent text for two months. Entered my first (ever) trade 1 Dec. Have nothing but praise for this genuine teacher and his method. Constant mentoring support. No tips, but will comment constructively on your own ideas. Best thing by far to come out of Streetwise!

I've recently purchased the manual. As I'm a beginner there is a lot of studying to be done, but so far I'm impressed with the course. Has anybody else any comments regarding the manual.

James Sargent said:
Arial

Yes. Bought it in September. as total beginner. Worked hard at the excellent text for two months. Entered my first (ever) trade 1 Dec. Have nothing but praise for this genuine teacher and his method. Constant mentoring support. No tips, but will comment constructively on your own ideas. Best thing by far to come out of Streetwise!

You seem very positive, and I see you have sent Street wise a comment they quote. Can you tell me how your success has changed since studying the manual. Like a few people I have found the out put of street wise publications a little variable!

Dormer said:
You seem very positive, and I see you have sent Street wise a comment they quote. Can you tell me how your success has changed since studying the manual. Like a few people I have found the out put of street wise publications a little variable!

Ian Williams is very clear. He describes his method in minutest detail. There is a weekly update to all subscribers with relevant comment, and prompt response to indvidual email requests for guidance. No tips; no false get rich quick promises. You take it as it is; modify it to suit your own style, or leave it.

From absolute starters, I'm trading extremely modestly, but with reasonable confidence. Three trades so far. Two buys - one going in the right direction; one sold prematurely by me! One sell breaking even as of today. A steep learning curve for me, but an enjoyable one, interesting and not too scary, thanks to Ian Williams!

Trading the Easy way

bodhipolitic said:

I don't know for sure but suspect that the course is based on The Original Turtle
Trading Rules.
These can be downloaded 'FREE' at
I think worth a look before buying.

Thanks for your reply James.
So Ian Williams is a real person and a trader!
I must admit I wondered if he was just a pen name of John Harrison.
I think I'll review the downloaded rules before making a decision on buying the course
Thanks again

If its really based on Turtle Trading rules then its not an "Easy" way to trade.

Breakout systems have a low win rate and thus have large drawdowns and long periods in drawdown. There are easier approaches than this.

Kiwi said:
If its really based on Turtle Trading rules then its not an "Easy" way to trade.

Breakout systems have a low win rate and thus have large drawdowns and long periods in drawdown. There are easier approaches than this.

Thanks Kiwi,
Sorry for the long delay I've been reading, what do you regard as easier approaches?

Kiwi said:

Breakout systems have a low win rate and thus have large drawdowns >>> surely this depends on what your stop loss is?

Deskpro,
Not really. If you use a tight stoploss on a breakout system you get a very high failure rate as it repenetrates the recent high slightly even in most of the successful breakouts. If you use a loose stop then you have a lower failure rate but when it fails you lose more.
Keitha,
Generally a break from something other than recent highs has a lower failure rate. Also a move out of a retracement can give you a closer stop relative to the risk that noise will trigger it.

Kiwi - sometimes you just have to let folk find out for themselves. The ''TTEW'' course certainly has its fans which is much more than can be said for many 'systems'.

Besides, the main argument against B/O or Turtle type systems is that markets don't trend like they used to. An inspection of FX and commodity markets over the past couple of years will pour doubt in this oft banded theory. There is an issue regarding stops and a high failure rate of trades. However these effects can be dramatically reduced through careful adherance to stops based on volatility.

I don't use a B/O system myself (too slow and I'm not patient enough) nor have I ever bought or read to TTEW system. I have simply heard positive fedback from more than one source.

Best regards

FN

1) TTEW is Ian Williams' METHOD of trading rather than a 'System. It is working for me.

2) I'm not sufficiently experienced to to make comparisons with other... even similar ways of trading.

James Sargent said:
1) TTEW is Ian Williams' METHOD of trading rather than a 'System. It is working for me.

2) I'm not sufficiently experienced to to make comparisons with other... even similar ways of trading.

Hi James, where do I can find this method ? Thank you in advance :)

To Kiwi

I bought it last year. The Turtle Rules are only there to help people get a perspective and to ensure as many as possible know they are free. You are right (according to Williams who I mailed with the question) that they are not suitable for most traders but that's not why he includes them. I agree with James sargent, Wiiliams gives fantastic support and he makes clear he is not a guru, tho' I suspect he is!!
I am in profit entirely via him, to the tune of £900 on a bank of £2000.
Sure beats the Woolwich!
Jocky.