Trading System Tool

blah234

Hello,

A friend and I are considering hacking together a tool for traders that provides users with an easy way create trading systems (without coding) using TA and charting, trade signal detection and backtesting against past data. We were wondering if there would be any interest in the tool or whether it would just be for us. If such a thing already exists we would be very interesting to know about it.

Please let us know,

Thanks

It is like Expert Advisor builder but not limited to MetaTrader, and not limited to FOREX trading. And it would be web based

"Hacking together" ?????

This is a LOT more work than you think. Why do think that you can do better than say WealthLab, TradingBlocks or many others. And why web based ?

I cannot see serious traders relying on web based platform. What if the service provider goes out of business and the service just stops. What about confidentiality of trading system methods/code etc ? What happens if a bunch of subscribers want to run optimizations concurrently ? Are you going to set up some sort of compute farm ?

What is the business model ? Subscription based ?

Generating a few trading system signals is just part of the game. What about position sizing ? Trading system optimization ? Portfolio testing and optimization ? Real time or EOD ? Automated trading ?

I think you will need to spell out the goals in far more detail if you want to get any genuine interest - and avoid phrases like "hacking together"

Last edited:
I was going to say something like that but couldn't be bothered!

Much better to have downloadable software.

"Hacking together" ?????

This is a LOT more work than you think.

Your right it is a lot of work, right now we are trying to figure out the demand for the service, hence this thread.

Why do think that you can do better than say WealthLab, TradingBlocks or many others. And why web based ?

We will be working with those companies and programs to allow import/export of systems. Trading systems can be exported from Wealth-lab and executed from us allowing users to leverage Amazons server farm. We want to make it web based to allow for the subscription/following of trader systems, this gives system creators a way to make revenue from their system outside of trades.

I cannot see serious traders relying on web based platform. What if the service provider goes out of business and the service just stops. What about confidentiality of trading system methods/code etc ? What happens if a bunch of subscribers want to run optimizations concurrently ? Are you going to set up some sort of compute farm ?

We will allow people to export their systems so they are not relying on us 100% Everyones code with kept private and confidential, people work hard to create trading systems we do not want to take that away from them. Amazons E2 farm will allow us to address running optimizations concurrently.

What is the business model ? Subscription based ?

Yea that is what we were planning

Generating a few trading system signals is just part of the game. What about position sizing ? Trading system optimization ? Portfolio testing and optimization ? Real time or EOD ? Automated trading ?

Those are all things we plan to include, especially automated trading so people can import systems from other programs and use us to execute them. We will do real time if it is possible, otherwise it will be EOD

I think you will need to spell out the goals in far more detail if you want to get any genuine interest - and avoid phrases like "hacking together"

Hopefully these details will help you understand our goals a bit more, any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Collective2 - a hub of system inventors.

Hi. This may not be directly relevent to your immediate project, but it might be useful to see a website full of systems that are self-built and being exposed to some kind of audit for all to see.

Click this link:
Collective2 - The Trading System Authority

Good luck with the project - its a most exciting concept to offer such a thing to all us wannabe system builders, and maybe you could direct system designers to go on to collective2 as a way of "getting their system out there", having originally designed it with your product.

Just an idea.

1. "Hacking Together" - even you do a mashup of what is out there this is still a lot of work.

2. "Competition". There are a fair number of packages out there already doing this.