trading/ stockbroking career in Dublin

murf46

hi Guys,

i have been reading posts on this site for a while and finally decided to join as there are a lot of knowledgeable people on this site. First post is as usual looking for help :)

i am looking to get into a career in trading/ Stockbroking in Dublin. My education in brief is as follows:

Diploma in enterprise and business management
Diploma in capital markets and investments
certificate in funds and investments
certificate in lean six sigma
certificate in stockbroking (ISE registered stockbroking course)

My work experience in brief is one year in the audit department in a share registry company, 4 years working in hedge fund admin and two years working in trade execution and relationship management mainly in alternative investments.

Basically i would love to get into a stockbrokers or trading company (at any level) and work my way up. Ideally i want to get into a company that i am willing to commit the rest of my career to as i dont really want to job hop anymore. I see from a lot of trading/ stockbroking career postings that MSC in maths/ economics is required so i am fully preparded to take any oppertunity in back office or middle office to gain some experience and work my way up as i dont have these qualifications.

Anyone with any advice on how to get my foot in the door in these areas or even any companies in this space that are hiring i would be very grateful.

thanks for your time

Murf

Check out Positive Equity Limited ? Financial Derivatives Trading - they usually hire folks with little experience to train them up.

Aside from that Geneva trading? Or get a back/middle office job somewhere and work your way forward (tougher now, in our place only one person in last 4 years made it to trading desk from middle office.)

best of luck

thanks WMD, Geneva usually only hire "exceptional graduates" from the likes of maths backgrounds or quant backgrounds.

i'll check out positive Equity, although i dont know if they are hiring junior/ trainee traders at the moment i think they are only looking for experienced traders with trading history