Trading Platforms

Santa please !

Sob.....I downloaded the cybertrader simulator and looked forward to seeing Nas level 2 in action........but....when I tried to connect I got "error unable to connect to main server.

So I rang America (Freephone) who carried out a line check. It seems the packets of data take two, some times three, seconds to reach faraway Cornwall. It should take 0.2 seconds.

Their advice was that I should get another ISP ( I use BT), maybe get a faster modem ( mine is 56K). AHA, I thought, I'll get that Broadband BT advertises. So I checked exchange availability. Sadly, It transpires Cornwall has no broadband compatible BT exchanges.

We have electricity and the Eden Project in Cornwall, even cars and TV, but no bloody broadband. Maybe www.IRD.com is worth a try.

Anyway I am reasonably 21st Century, I can get end of day data.

Please Santa , bring Broadband to Cornwall.

Sigh

Neil

Can anyone comment on the reliability of using RT Investor with the mytrack data feed to trade UK stocks intraday.

Currently using Trader 2 and sharescope but thinking of upgrading. I also have GNI platform with UK level 2 but agree L2 does not give you much advantage for UK markets.

Hepster

GraigH
I'm using Mytrack and Investor/RT for futures and a few UK stocks. After a few minor bugs with futures due to time differences, I have had very few problems and leave it running all day. Apart from Mytrack (or is it NTL) switching off about once per day for about 5 secs.. no problems.

Want to talk in detail? mail me at [email protected]

Computer 1

Dell 800 MHz, 640 MB RAM, 30 GB Hard Drive - 1 x 17" and 1 x 19" monitors using Matrox card. Using NTL for ISP.

Computer 2

DELL 800 MHz, 256 MB RAM, 15 GB Hard Drive - 2 x 17" monitors using PC Card. Using Affinity ISDN line

Brokers

Lloyds TSB for stocks

Finspreads, CMC (CFD's and Spreadbet), IG INdex (rarely use them now cos massive weighted spreads). Just opened Cantor Index account. Considering re-opening my GNI account or opening one with Easy2Trade for trades based on Linnsoft software