Trading PC's

mikeyk

Hello All,

I have recently visited the TraderPC website and understandably have found that they have ceased trading. I wanted to know if anyone knows of any other good websites/shops which cater for the trading community?

Cheers in advance

Michael

I'm not sure why you would ever want to buy a "trading PC". Surely all you need is a good processor, a broadband connection and as many monitors as you can lay your hands on? For me if I was upgrading tomorrow I would get a medium spec dell desktop (£600), buy a G400 matrox video card (£200)and then get 3 17" TFT monitors (3 x £300) for a total of £1700. That would definitely be an excellent start for a trading PC.

Anyone care to differ? ;-)

I was thinking of buying from "Trader PC" because I have limited technical knowledge when it comes to computers and they offered turn key packages with software installed. Further more these packages offered were designed/built with the needs of a trader in mind and the after sales help was from active traders.

It would be ideal for me if another company could offer a similar service to "Trade PC".

hell if you want to bung me something in return I would build it for you! - seriously - what I was suggesting takes minimal pc knowledge/know-how. PM me if you would like any further advice.

ew.

mikeyk said:
It would be ideal for me if another company could offer a similar service to "Trade PC".

May be wrong but I think Chartman does this sort of thing.

ewilcox I too was hoping to upgrade my pc later on this year from traderpc. Would you know where to get the monitor stands that they did, as I don't think we woul dbe able to get them from pcworld, etc

thanks

if u are a beginer, a pc worth £400 is all u need,with experience u could upgrade.......this game might not be for you,

don't ever buy anything from pc world. they are a complete rip off. I'll have a look later tonight and see if I can find the stands you are looking for.

Just rereading this thread I posted on ages ago. I was slightly wrong when I said 3 17" monitors was enough. Wrong - what everyone needs are dual 30" Dell monitors - they absolutely rock. Don't actually use them for trading but they are just superb. Your wife or girlfriends might leave you when she sees the size and price of them but that would (almost) be worth it. :)

Reactions: BSD