Trading partner

freshpotato

Hello,

I thought it would be a good idea to team up with a fellow trading enthusiast to share thoughts and ideas to develop a good and consistently profitable trading system.

I have taken several courses in technical analysis and options, and have a fairly good understanding about everything. I have, what I think is good programming knowledge, and have developed several trading system (witch some have performed ok and some not :) )

I would love to team up with someone that trades for a living, or is "under development" as I am.

Looking forward to hear back from you

Shark, fresh potato and gravy........

All we need is another veg and we is cooking on gas!

must be the lack of oxygen up on Legendary mountain...
Oh for Christ's sake...somebody acknowledge him....

OK...

Hey Rols! You're a Legendary member...

No point getting into a stew over it though.

Moderators, Prefects, Head- and Deputy-Head boys,

Blasphemy, Bramble. Benediction (a bit of alliteration there), repent and atone.

I suggest three Hail Mary’s.

Grant.

A lot of jokes. Perhaps I'm better off becoming a chef and start a restaurant. With your help I think we will make a hell of a buffet :cheesy:

well, they've got rolls now too. That's a carb heavy diet.

rofl.gif

A lot of jokes. Perhaps I'm better off becoming a chef and start a restaurant. With your help I think we will make a hell of a buffet :cheesy:

OK we're all a bit bored and crazy here (I speak for myself on this point)

Welcome to the magical world of TW2 where nothing and nobody are as they seem.

If I or my cyber friends can assist you in any way please let us know.

Newpotato needs to find a trading partner who works with systems.

Since we have decimated one of his first threads ( very entertainingly so ) surely there is someone out there who wants to link up.

On a serious note the benefits of working with a trading buddy can be very significant, even if it just helps you take a closer look at what you are already doing.

Ok, since you ask :)

As you probably understand I'm "under development", and are wondering what kind of systems full-time traders are using. If you even use a system at all.

From what I have learned so far no system is perfect (and probably the easiest is the most likely to have success) and there lies great power in the leverage of options, and nobody can succeed without a good money management routine.

So since you asked, I'm wondering what you guys that do this for a living, and have made all the mistakes are using to make consistent profits

Fresh wises :)
Tor

Hello,

I thought it would be a good idea to team up with a fellow trading enthusiast to share thoughts and ideas to develop a good and consistently profitable trading system.

I have taken several courses in technical analysis and options, and have a fairly good understanding about everything. I have, what I think is good programming knowledge, and have developed several trading system (witch some have performed ok and some not :) )

I would love to team up with someone that trades for a living, or is "under development" as I am.

Looking forward to hear back from you

Any chance you could post a picture of yourself before I commit...something in a bikini or even a little black number...erm.:devilish:

Let's hope

I will go out for a quick hour now, let's hope there is plenty of good information and sensible stuff here when I come back ( perhaps that's to much to hope for espessially when I posting a quote like this :) )

As you probably understand I'm "under development", and are wondering what kind of systems full-time traders are using. If you even use a system at all.

From what I have learned so far no system is perfect (and probably the easiest is the most likely to have success) and there lies great power in the leverage of options, and nobody can succeed without a good money management routine.

So since you asked, I'm wondering what you guys that do this for a living, and have made all the mistakes are using to make consistent profits

Tor

I feel a pang of guilt at one-eyed-shark's comment!

The stuff you've learned so far (your second para) will get you much of the way there. If by 'system' you mean something that can be automated (rather than a methodology or approach), then I'd be suprised if you found many traders on these boards who were wholly successful using them. It's interesting because clearly the IB Quants, the readers of magazines like 'Traders', and so on, have a lot of faith in them, I wonder whether making them work is beyond the level of sophistication that most of the 'amateur' contributors to these boards can make work. Interesting the comment from Greenspan on another thread that I posted recently, that despite the time, money, brainpower and highly proprietary data that the Fed had at its fingertips, it could never achieve a decent predictive model for ex-rates. I know of only one non-institutional trader who uses a system exclusively, and he ain't telling how it works or what it is. After a period trying to find the grail, I think most T2W contributors who stick at it, fall back on their own largely subjective ways of interpreting the psychology of markets. I wait to be corrected though.

Tor

There are thousands of examples on this site of trading systems, journeys, endless discussions about indicators, and a lot of psycho babble.

There was an recent thread on defining what an edge is, which may answer some of your questions.

Oddly enough the edge seems to be a rather fuzzy phenomena.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showthread.php?t=26432&highlight=edge

Ian,

As attractive as the typical Nordic type is - tall, blonde, blue-eyed – I think it’s stretching it to assume the male would look attractive in a bikini or little black number. Come to think of it...

Grant.