Trading Loonies

small_beer

Trading Loonies is a site (more like a blog really) dedicated to exposing "loonies, posers, and other dubious characters of the trading world" according to their own mission statement.

They are not vendors and they sell nothing. Their critique of the trading world seems to be spot on and you may find it valuable.

Highly recommended!

Last edited by a moderator:
Trading Loonies is a site (more like a blog really) dedicated to exposing "loonies, posers, and other dubious characters of the trading world" according to their own mission statement.

They are not vendors and they sell nothing. Their critique of the trading world seems to be spot on and you may find it valuable.

Highly recommended!

Hello sir, you wouldn't happen to be David Cohen at all would you? I've had a fun 20 minutes checking this out. It is a very ironic name and description given the golden content such as:

"Notice that Fat Tails says of phdtraders.com that “very likely that it is just part of a multilevel marketing organization.” Now, there is absolutely no evidence whatsoever that this is a multi-level marketing organization. In fact, vendor businesses are very rarely structured like that, and while zafitraders.com can be a sister company of phdtraders.com or its affiliate, that does not make a whole thing a multi-level marketing organization. This is a total fabrication, or plainly a lie. It is just like saying that very likely they are Nazis or cannibals and equally ridiculous too. Mr. Steinhaus just made it up in order to discredit phdtraders.com and the other website with one strike. Yes, MLM does not have a very good reputation, to put it mildly (it is sometimes considered a pyramid scheme in disguise, as you can learn from this Wikipedia article), but only someone with an agenda (and a dirty one at that) would suggest that we are dealing here with a MLM organization..... <it goes on>"

Basically rambling rage filled silliness posted by someone who has some major issues with BMT for whatever reason. The English is good and matches the general structure used by a davidcohenphd on various forums. He is likely affiliated with the phdtraders site noted above as he is obviously the happy holder of a doctorate himself and is also linked directly in another piece to the ET forum using the same pseudonym (http://tradingloonies.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/bigmike_davidcohenphd.png). I see he has also had some boorish exchanges with this Fat Tails guy on BMT in the past as a simple google search shows, which would explain the relentless rants along the same lines on the blog. In fact they are almost identical, such as this BMT post:

davidcohenphd
Listen,

trading forums like this one are not really the best source of information of this kind for 2-3 reasons, at the very least:

1. they are infiltrated by shills,
2. they tend to attract mean, opinionated individuals who rarely seem to miss an opportunity to denigrate a vendor even if they have never dealt with him,
3. just because someone likes something, does not mean you will.

That one was easy, emotionally unstable types often use the same lines over and over - I assume I win some kind of prize for this analysis? It's late too.

To critique the vendor world, one should simply note - "don't use any vendor, ever. Finding a diamond in the rough is like betting against the trend..."

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really getting into this now, perhaps I could be the new pboyles, albeit slightly less jaded and I'd reply to my threatening PMs with a smile.

I see you've also been talking to yourself over and over, here at ET under both small beer and goodvintage:

Forums - A list of all scam unregulated 3rd party educational vendors

Now you have a lot in common with our friend David from the oil trading academy. For some reason you lock in on a select number of adjectives and nouns that are easy to remember and impactful enough, then insanely parrot them over and over in slightly different guises (cowardly, manipulative, deranged, loser, shill etc.) Old David did the same thing, except about Freemasons and Zionists who wanted to behead us all, which was mildly disturbing. If he was a 10, you're a 5, but still... poor company. Please leave T2W to the sub 5 insanos.