Trading Jobs

cr8aig

Hi,
I am trying to start a new career path in currency trading and want to know how I can get my foot in the door and what jobs should I be applying for. As all that comes up at the moment is Junior FX Brokers. Do I need to be applying for Junior FX Trader?

Just need a little guidance from people that are in the trading industry.

Thank you.

Where are you based? How old are you? What is your education?

There are even websites online dedicated to trading jobs. However in my experience the best place to start is at a bank. Work in any department and work your way to the trading desk asap. After a year or two you might have enough capital and knowledge to move to a hedge fund or trade for yourself.

Hey,
Thank you for that.
I am 31 and am looking for a change in career as I have had to stop doing what I was doing because of an operation.
I used to run my own joinery business.
I am trying to teach my self the the basics of how to trade i.e placing a trade with stop/loss, reading the charts etc.
I live near Leeds in the UK but would move anywhere for a trading job as I know I wont find one where I live.

try demo trading for a while and see if it is the thing for you, it is very hard to get into a traders role without experience, and anyone who takes you on will most likely ask you for money first....

if you find that you are good at it and the strats you use can work, try it out on a live account and go from there...

I am 31 and am looking for a change in career . . .
Hi cr8aig,
Take a look at this FAQ: How Do I get a Job Trading? There's a section in there devoted specifically to people in your situation. Don't jump to the section headed 'Career Changers' thinking that what goes before doesn't concern you. It does - read the whole thing.
Enjoy!
Tim.

try demo trading for a while and see if it is the thing for you, it is very hard to get into a traders role without experience, and anyone who takes you on will most likely ask you for money first....

if you find that you are good at it and the strats you use can work, try it out on a live account and go from there...

I have done Demo trading for 6 weeks and loved it I was hooked and was always sat at my screen. I made a little bit of money while demoing.
I feel like I could do with a mentor someone I could email my questions to. or a way of finding the answer to my questions.

Hi cr8aig,
Take a look at this FAQ: How Do I get a Job Trading? There's a section in there devoted specifically to people in your situation. Don't jump to the section headed 'Career Changers' thinking that what goes before doesn't concern you. It does - read the whole thing.
Enjoy!
Tim.

Hi Tim thank you I will have a read of that.

I feel like I could do with a mentor someone I could email my questions to. or a way of finding the answer to my questions.
Hi cr8aig,
Well, you're in luck! The great and the good right here on T2W can fulfil that very role, and the best part is that it won't cost you a dime!

Read this Sticky: Essentials Of 'Trading Journals' and then start one of your own. The key thing is to outline your methodology in as much detail as you're comfortable with, explaining the logic behind your trades, why you entered, exited and set stop losses where you did. Then members have something concrete to respond to and can post saying what you did right or wrong (in their view) and what you might like to consider to improve.

This Sticky gives examples of some good journals and highlights how instructive they can be for everyone involved: Best Threads in the Trading Journals Forum
Tim.

Hi cr8aig,
Well, you're in luck! The great and the good right here on T2W can fulfil that very role, and the best part is that it won't cost you a dime!

Read this Sticky: Essentials Of 'Trading Journals' and then start one of your own. The key thing is to outline your methodology in as much detail as you're comfortable with, explaining the logic behind your trades, why you entered, exited and set stop losses where you did. Then members have something concrete to respond to and can post saying what you did right or wrong (in their view) and what you might like to consider to improve.

This Sticky gives examples of some good journals and highlights how instructive they can be for everyone involved: Best Threads in the Trading Journals Forum
Tim.

Thanks TIM I have some reading to do :)

I have done Demo trading for 6 weeks and loved it I was hooked and was always sat at my screen. I made a little bit of money while demoing.

there are many people in this forum who can help, and also there are many threads that may already have answers to your questions...

the options are to either do some digging and find the answers, or pay for them to be put on your plate, but when paying, do your research, and also remember what you are paying for...

whichever one you choose, goodluck and all the best with it...

there are many people in this forum who can help, and also there are many threads that may already have answers to your questions...

the options are to either do some digging and find the answers, or pay for them to be put on your plate, but when paying, do your research, and also remember what you are paying for...

whichever one you choose, goodluck and all the best with it...

Thank you very much Deebee.
Are you a trader your self

Hi,
I am trying to start a new career path in currency trading and want to know how I can get my foot in the door and what jobs should I be applying for. As all that comes up at the moment is Junior FX Brokers. Do I need to be applying for Junior FX Trader?

Just need a little guidance from people that are in the trading industry.

Thank you.

Honestly, just make A LOT(!) of cold calls to all different brokers, if you know about some in your are, just GO THERE!

And ask for a job.

You better have a decent business casual look and somewhat attractive resume.

Sending resumes to info@ / office@ can work, but the best way in declining order will be: Going directly at the office, calling, sending through internet.

Good luck!

Trading, so trading thats what you want to do to earn a living?
Ok 1st go get a course in technical analysis ( currencies ) after email me and i will give you a one on one strategy course so that you can change your life.

Last edited:
Ok 1st go get a course in technical analysis ( currencies ) after email me and i will give you a one on one strategy course so that you can change your life.

Why are you so kind, stranger with 4 posts total?

Hi,
Ok I will look into this.
Is there an actual course you can do on technical analysis?
Very kind offer thank you, I will take you up on it

Hi,
Ok I will look into this.
Is there an actual course you can do on technical analysis?
Very kind offer thank you, I will take you up on it

:cheesy::clap:

Newbie w/ 4 posts advertises courses, newbie with 3 posts thanks him.

No, nothing fishy here.. not at all..

Honestly, just make A LOT(!) of cold calls to all different brokers, if you know about some in your are, just GO THERE!

And ask for a job.

You better have a decent business casual look and somewhat attractive resume.

Sending resumes to info@ / office@ can work, but the best way in declining order will be: Going directly at the office, calling, sending through internet.

Good luck!

do not waste your time cold calling any broker, its a closed shop. you have no chance if you think cold calling will get you a job.....its not the 90s no more.

:cheesy::clap:

Newbie w/ 4 posts advertises courses, newbie with 3 posts thanks him.

No, nothing fishy here.. not at all..

Nothing to sell simply try to help, but yes i understand , i have been there myself.
just get a basic course on technical analisys .
When you have basic understanding what moves the markets then come and look for help
:clover:

It is really a very good start for you! Now you should deserve some technic. You know what, all the things can not be came out from the definition if it doesn't have any reality! This is really different from the demo on the live trading. Without live trading you will not understand your feeling because here will be working your money, and if any mistake goes, you will lose then. So be careful. But I can tell you that you have an excellent start!
Best of luck Brother! :)