Trading FX is ethical, trading commodities isn't

How many times do governments need to screw up using Keynes' style intervention policies, until they realise they need to let the 'free markets' decide prices.

They don't have the Political will and they also believe they know better than the free market. The docile and gullible voting public are easily duped and this is why Governments 'get away' with it. You speak to the average person about inflation and they give you a blank look...Speculators are to blame:rolleyes:

They don't have the Political will and they also believe they know better than the free market. The docile and gullible voting public are easily duped and this is why Governments 'get away' with it. You speak to the average person about inflation and they give you a blank look...Speculators are to blame:rolleyes:

Agreed 100%

Peter

That's the problem, average joe is economically illiterate, therefore governements are able to inflate away their debt and the private-now-public debt of badly run institutions (which should've gone under) at the expense of the savers and taxpayers, with the public none the wiser. It's so morally corrupt it beggars belief. If people were explained in simple terms what was going on, they would care, however the financial mumbo-jumbo that comes out of the mouths' of journalists, economic editors and politicians (99% are Keynes believers who fail to see his policies always result in failure and aren't suitable for real world economics), puts people off trying to get to grips with it, and understanding what's actually going on behind the scenes.

That's the problem, average joe is economically illiterate, therefore governements are able to inflate away their debt and the private-now-public debt of badly run institutions (which should've gone under) at the expense of the savers and taxpayers, with the public none the wiser. It's so morally corrupt it beggars belief. If people were explained in simple terms what was going on, they would care, however the financial mumbo-jumbo that comes out of the mouths' of journalists, economic editors and politicians (99% are Keynes believers who fail to see his policies always result in failure and aren't suitable for real world economics), puts people off trying to get to grips with it, and understanding what's actually going on behind the scenes.

Agree 100%.

A guide to Sound Money might be a good place to start.

http://www.soundmoneyproject.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Booklet-SMP-Guide-Spread-PDF1.pdf

On that note, I took my daughter to her swim class this morning and I noticed a lot of very fat kids around the pool. One boy, who looked around 7 or 8, had serious moobs hanging down towards his enormous belly. I thought for a minute I was in America!

LMAO!!! Sigh.......sad but true. My step-daughter is 5 tall dead even. She eats well, and naturally avoids high fat foods because they make her feel bad. She is extremely active. Kid stuff, biking and such. She weighs 100 lbs, and constantly gets called aneorexic. By fat kids. Sad really, she's the healthiest person I know.

Oil is a commodity, I don't see ethical people giving up their cars. Corn, beans, rice, flour coffee, cocoa etc are foodstuffs, I don't see ethical people going on hunger strike.
On the flip side if ethical people have a dislike of money they can always donate it to me.
There is no ethical code in trading, just those who make money and those who do not.

Oil is a commodity, I don't see ethical people giving up their cars. Corn, beans, rice, flour coffee, cocoa etc are foodstuffs, I don't see ethical people going on hunger strike.
On the flip side if ethical people have a dislike of money they can always donate it to me.
There is no ethical code in trading, just those who make money and those who do not.

Is it really down to ethical people when the governemnt is full of selfish people. The real issues lie with the selection process for MP's, most have no concern or care about their duties, they see it just as a status job and a good secure income.

Does it really make much difference in todays age when the government have actually refused to take on additional responsabilities because they cost too much ?

The government views itself as an entity that is responsable for the people and the welfare of its society. Yet they have chosen to neglect the care of the very things that make that society function and have turned them over to corporations. The end result is that most epople are only dictated by the laws of government, most other things that effect them on a day to day basis are the dealt out by corporations.

Oil is very much a priority to governemts simply because of the amount of revenue it generates for them, doesn't food prices deserve as much if not more attention? If fuel prices soared to record highs, could most people walk to the grocery stores? Would it actually be life threatening to the entire population?

If the same happens to food, that would be a problem far greater .

If that were remotely resemblent of the truth then the "Green" party would win hands down at every election. Tree hugging is for appendage hoovers and if yer don't believe me check out this link and watch the greenie try to be a trader. http://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ar+traders+ep+1&aq=5&oq=million+dollar+trader.
I'm off to bomb the horn of africa just like we should have done back in 1966, 1985 the place should be turned into a nuclear test site.
As for the world food programme, this really knocks this bollox about greenie fuel for six.
Ask , If the worlds largest food producer turned all of its food production across to greenie fuel then that would give the USA enough fuel for 30 days. Wot a feckin joke.

Thats precisely the resaon the green party will never win.

Green fuels are the future ,not yet. The governments cannot get out of it all immediately, the whole process will take time but there seems to be an small effort in that direction. Take a look at the world s dependance on oil and the revenue generated in the middle east. Not really a situation the world wants to continue with world climate the way it is. Big change has been planned for decades and the wheels are now turning.

Thats precisely the resaon the green party will never win.

Green fuels are the future ,not yet. The governments cannot get out of it all immediately, the whole process will take time but there seems to be an small effort in that direction. Take a look at the world s dependance on oil and the revenue generated in the middle east. Not really a situation the world wants to continue with world climate the way it is. Big change has been planned for decades and the wheels are now turning.

Agreed there are wasted efforts in that direction. The big demand today is FOOD. China and India are consuming more than ever before.

Agreed there are wasted efforts in that direction. The big demand today is FOOD. China and India are consuming more than ever before.

You would blame the Chinese for everything wouldn't you. First they take all your jobs. Now, they take all your food. It's almost as if the Americans will be forced into a diet soon. Poor sods. What is the world coming to, when you can't die from a good'ol heart attack ?