Trading from home insight!!

Buy a dog it is :-
always happy and glad to make you happy too
takes you for walkies
doesn't bitch about the losses

etc.

Agree - there are so many advantages of working from a home office - either in the garden - or a room in your house.

After 25+ year of working with people in offices - spending 20 hrs+ a week in a car / train / plane on top of a 50 -70 hr week at work - Its great to have a new life.

Nowadays just focusing 4 -7 hrs a day - over say a 12 hr period - is a piece of cake - especially if you have extra screens with Sky news / Jeremy Kyle etc on in one corner - Talksport on the radio - endless bacon sarnies / tea on tap and a dog lying on your feet waiting to hear that magic word...........NO - not profit ...... walkies ;-))

In between - you can read a few daily papers - school runs ( meet the young mothers ;-) )- read a book - pop out to the shops - or down the gym or jog / cycle - whatever - even check on the au pair / cleaner / gardener and of course most importantly - listen into the chat when your wife has a morning coffee group round.

I am entering my 60th year in this World now and when i look back to my 40th - I went away for 3 weeks in Antigua - and honestly thought I would be retired by 55 and spending half the year sailing around the Med and enjoying life etc etc- doing nothing.

Well it nearly went to plan - I semi retired at 50 - but unless you have at least a few million in the bank - you just cannot enjoy loads of holidays, school fees and pay for all your parents care homes etc etc - and then 2008 just did not help

I have not even mentioned blogging and talking to other traders etc etc - that's if you have time to fit it in - if you want to be lonely - that's fine - if you want to get a life - you still can - even working from home ;-)

Regards

F

Price action all the way

I started my trading journey properly about five years ago. I spreadbet and after having tried several different instruments, time frames, indicator strategies and spreadbet providers I have settled with trading the S&P daily on a one hour chart. I trade from 08:00 to 21:00 GMT and I use a candlestick chart with NO indicators - I try to keep it as simple as possible by trading price action alone.

My daily target is one pip.

Hope this helps
K
:smart:

I started my trading journey properly about five years ago. I spreadbet and after having tried several different instruments, time frames, indicator strategies and spreadbet providers I have settled with trading the S&P daily on a one hour chart. I trade from 08:00 to 21:00 GMT and I use a candlestick chart with NO indicators - I try to keep it as simple as possible by trading price action alone.

Hope this helps
K

One pip?? Is your spread not twice that at least?

Hope this helps
K

ha - slightly off topic post, but funny.

SL?...pls dont say its 2 pips. strike rate <33%? how many trades a day? you need to start a journal!

kudos re no indicators.

am struggling working from home, getting a dog is a gd idea/option (though it wont just be for a distraction, honest, i will also feed it).

Really interesting thread that I have stumbled upon - havent been on the T2W forums for a very long time.
Have enjoyed reading some of the replies and I have something in common with some of them
From my perspective I started trading 2002, lost a load of cash, thought I could make millions in a few years and then became disillusioned with it all and left the trading behind. Trading, however, kept calling me back. It's like a puzzle that needs to be solved and I enjoyed the psychological warfare of it all.
Anyways, rolled my sleeves up in 2010 and joined up with a coach who taught me basic methods, trading psychology and the need to build solid foundations through education. It has taken me while and lots of hard slog and learning to get to the point now that I am building up an account just by trading EOD. Turned the profitability corner in Nov 2013 and now trading is simply a rinse and repeat exercise....quite boring really but making consistent gains every week, every month.
As I work full time I have no access to the markets during the day. I do keep records on another method that I would like to trade between 2:30pm - 9pm if I ever get to go full time. This is the goal.
EOD trading is great way of participating in the markets and gives you the chance to build up an account slowly but steadily. You know if you went full time you still have this to fall back on.
For me, trading is the ultimate vocation. You live anywhere and still make an income as long as there are markets to trade.
Never give up, educate yourself, build up slowly.

ha - slightly off topic post, but funny.

SL?...pls dont say its 2 pips. strike rate <33%? how many trades a day? you need to start a journal!

kudos re no indicators.

am struggling working from home, getting a dog is a gd idea/option (though it wont just be for a distraction, honest, i will also feed it).

A dog is for Christmas not just for trading.

Trading from home is actually pretty crap and I would not recommend it to anyone who likes company or is 'normal'. If you're weirdo loner who likes watching smut on the net all day and have arms like Popeye then go for your life.