Trading Certificates

Foxie

Hi there,
i used to trade on various Nordic platforms such as Nordnet etc. They offer leveraged {x2-20} certificates in commodities, large cap stocks and certain futures. The certificates are issed by Vontobel, Commerzbank, Nordea etc and the common denominator is that you can only loose the funds you invest. Ie losses cant exceed invested funds as CFD trading can (so im told). Question. I cant seem to find a similar product with any UK trading platform. Is that right? Is it a regularoy driven reason or?
any good alternatives where losses cant exceed investment?

Hi there,
i used to trade on various Nordic platforms such as Nordnet etc. They offer leveraged {x2-20} certificates in commodities, large cap stocks and certain futures. The certificates are issed by Vontobel, Commerzbank, Nordea etc and the common denominator is that you can only loose the funds you invest. Ie losses cant exceed invested funds as CFD trading can (so im told). Question. I cant seem to find a similar product with any UK trading platform. Is that right? Is it a regularoy driven reason or?
I'm not familiar with Nordnet and leveraged certificates, you mean some sort of ETFs?
Re negative balance protection. it has became standard of retail nonprofessional investors protection (due lot of problems retailers were experiencing when SNB unpegged CHF from USD in 2015 [1]) in EU after ESMA introduced such mandatory protection requirement for all EU regulated brokers. I guess same still applies for UK brokers after Brexit. Try to check IG.com or IBKR.co.uk if they have what you are after.

[1] To my knowledge Saxo case was the most visible disputation

Last edited:
Hi there,
If you don't find Uk broker, there are some in Europe, Montenegro (my country) which has negative balance protection, follows EU regulations and offer 1:100 max leverage. Google "Finveo" hope that i could help.