trading bunds

bunds

Slapshot said:
Hello, welcome. Thanks for letting us know.

I will follow this site. And hope there are more traders on the German Bunds. I Also look at the mini S@P

At 14.53 hours at 117,68 (German Bunds) in my opinion there was a sell-signal. I should build a stop around 6 points lower. I mean. Bund go from 117,68 tot 117,61. Then is 117,61 my stop, but when but there could be a further downturn.

your thread is the one to go to re trading German Bunds...as far as I can see....

Like the Dax trading thread...I am trying to get more posts going...
and build it up...

for the record...I get a few good posters...then someone posts something "not helpful" or unecessarly critical...and many dont post for a while.. Good luck

David

thanks for your answer. I do also follow the dax future. But the bund do I finds most intersting.

telaviv said:
I will follow this site. And hope there are more traders on the German Bunds. I Also look at the mini S@P

have you noticed any correlation or cause/effect between the 2 recently?

how about bunds-30yrUS bonds - es?

or is your choice based on volatility?

charliechan said:
have you noticed any correlation or cause/effect between the 2 recently?

how about bunds-30yrUS bonds - es?

or is your choice based on volatility?

Goodmorning. I do not follow American paper. But may be in the future.

My indicators are bulld for daytrading. Sometimes 1 position, sometimes 4 positions per day.

Iv just recently got into trading bunds outright and wanted to know what targets/stops people set

I try and keep tight stops of 3-5 ticks, but it means I have to time my entries perfectly.

Also what I have noticed with bunds is it takes some time for some data to be factored into the price. e.g. german industrial data out yesterday, bund took a while to sell off and even rallied 5 points before that - upto 117, before crapping out 30 ticks

all comments appreciated

newsoros said:
Iv just recently got into trading bunds outright and wanted to know what targets/stops people set

I try and keep tight stops of 3-5 ticks, but it means I have to time my entries perfectly.

Also what I have noticed with bunds is it takes some time for some data to be factored into the price. e.g. german industrial data out yesterday, bund took a while to sell off and even rallied 5 points before that - upto 117, before crapping out 30 ticks

all comments appreciated

The bund is your best friend and worst enemy...
Try to keep it small to start with.... it's very easy to be pushed out of positions - believe me people put a lot of effort into squeezing out obvious positions which brings me to........... Market Profile - you may already be using it but if not have a look - it's what 90% of the locals use to trade bunds - and to work out where stops are etc... it luuuurves to print 2/3 ticks off a ledge where short term guys have put positions on just to stop them out!! It's a great pit if you can handle it - I mainly stay clear nowadays for my own sanity and P&L!!!

cheers halo

sorry for sounding stupid, but whats market profile ?

Im with IB so I can I view it through them ? Do you mean the price ladder ?

Market Profile is a method of viewing price action in the form of a bell curve/distribution.... give it a google there's loads on the internet. It was developed by a Chicago (CBOT) trader and has been widely adopted by Fixed Income Futures traders as a decision support tool (although more and more are using it on other contracts)... I was only introduced to it a while back but after a few months am a big fan...

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I've just received a book "Mind over Markets" from James Dalton. It will take some time to master the techniques. You can also visit www.marketdelta.com

newsoros said:

all comments appreciated

market efficiency (how long a market takes to react to news) varies from day to day imo. i dont think its right to say this market is efficient, all markets are efficient, markets are inefficient. it all depends.

if i were you, i'd also be looking at the US 10 year note and start looking for correlations. but, i'm not you. hard cheese! :D

This thread needs serious resurrecting!

As a newbie looking to dip their toe in the water, I've discovered the wonderful world of a gentle ski slope.

I dunno, there are so many trend channels on a 15min, hourly, daily and weekly chart, it's like watching waterfalls. :LOL: ;)

I'm sure there'll be "the bend at the end". :cheesy: