Trading books for the Amazon Kindle

forefit

So I'm considering getting an amazon kindle, does anyone know if there is a good selection of trading books I can use on the kindle? Also how easy is it to use PDF's on the kindle?

For just reading ebooks the kindle is perfect but if you want
to read pdf's or books with charts etc go for the ipad.
I have and use them both.

For just reading ebooks the kindle is perfect but if you want
to read pdf's or books with charts etc go for the ipad.
I have and use them both.

you can read pdf's on kindles, why is an ipad better for reading pdf's then?

slight diff in price between a kindle and an ipad if all the user wants to do is read books / docs.

So I'm considering getting an amazon kindle, does anyone know if there is a good selection of trading books I can use on the kindle? Also how easy is it to use PDF's on the kindle?

I find mine invaluable particularly to read pdf files. If you go to '4shared.com' and search on any term to do with "Trading" you will be amazed at the free ebooks in pdf that can be downloaded. Even expensive titles that are recommended reading are available. Eventually you will have to register and the time limit for waiting for a download signal increases the more you download but I recommend a visit.

Regards
Panaret

I have a kindle and it is great for reading ebooks. You may find some ebooks have not been properly adapted for the device, in particular cheaper or free versions. Read the reviews of specific books in the Amazon kindle section to find out. To find trading books go to the kindle section first and then perform your subject/title/author search which will then limit it to kindle editions.

Pdf files may or may not be easy to read . It depends upon their format. The kindle has a zoom option together with a screen scrolling option, which works fine when you get used to it.

Bear in mind that the kindle is just black and white, so my overall verdict is that it is superb for fictional works because of its similarity to the paper page, but for text books an ipad or notepad might be better.

Incidentally you can try out kindle books for free before deciding on whether to buy the device. There are kindle apps that can be downloaded from amazon free for the pc or mac and you could download some free ebooks. These will automatically appear on your kindle device if you purchase one later.

Charlton

I don't understand why people buy the Kindle version when you save only about 10%. No re-sale value either.

Technology is supposed to bring costs down significantly. Seems a rip-off to me.

In short - it's not worth it.

I'd echo earlier comments on this, I bought a kindle for getting through a list of trading books - while it's great for reading fictional books, for PDFs (even converted pdfs) the trade-off in usability (having to scroll around with the trackpad and zooming in or out) makes it cumbersome to read.

It is possible, but its just not as enjoyable.

Verdict - don't get the kindle for reading trading books.

Check the current T&C but if you buy a Kindle book you can view it on 6 devices (eg Kindle, PC, phone...) so buying the kindle version doesn't pre-empt you from reading it on a PC. For reading text, the kindle screen is far superior to any LCD screen. Comparison of Kindle, iPad and printed media is here:

Kindle and iPad Displays: Up close and personal. | BIT-101